Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Latest Harry Potter

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:23 pm

I just hope the new bub will be kind enough to let me read it all on the first day of release :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I only started to read books other than Dr.Seuss and the like, when my kids hit school..... :roll:
.... course I like Dr Seuss, so that wasn't so bad. :)

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:50 pm

It seemed appropriate for this week (us hopeless romantics!)
Yep. It's THAT week again....

So Lisa was thinking "well, I can't do a French signature now.... "
And then.....

"Ok Keith... I'll 'see' your French signature and 'raise you' an Italian saying"

......but sanity prevailed and I went with one that is an oldie but a goodie. :)
How did you know about my cape and wand?? :)
Just a guess..... :wink:

Talk about a wet weekend - I was at the cricket and almost drowned!

Ahhh Queensland.... Beautiful one day...Perfect the next :D

~Lisa~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm looking forward to getting this book, I just hope the new bub will be kind enough to let me read it all on the first day of release :)

Penrith is a bit far for me Keith, I'll be at Big W Macarthur Square :)
Hey Mel we can have our own meet - no need to slum it over at Penrith!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:16 pm

Thought that I'd ask - What do you think is going to happen in the last Harry Potter book? Is Snape really going to turn out to be a villian (we don't think so) or will he a be one of the real heroes in the end? (possibly even become Harry's new guardian).............. And what about Dumbledore - is he really dead? Wasn't there mention in one of the books that he has a twin brother ?.............. Will Ron and Hermionie ever become a couple? ...................Is aunt Petunia (Dursley) a squib? Dumbledore was using "something secret" against her, to make sure that Harry had a family home to keep going back to all these years.
There are so many questions to be answered... I hope that the final book is going to be a really big one (over 1000 pages...ha ha) and that it keeps us guessing right up until the final few words of the last pages.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 am

Thought that I'd ask - What do you think is going to happen in the last Harry Potter book?
Oh boy... you might be sorry you asked that question..... :wink:

My theories are likely to be lengthy, but delayed....
I have been going to re read the last one for ages, so seeing as its such a long time since I have, I'll do that and put my pointy thinking cap on and get back to this. Now.... which box is that book in ? :roll:
Is Snape really going to turn out to be a villian
now I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure that Snape has seen the light but I do think theres a further arrangement with Dumbledore (I'll expand later)
what about Dumbledore - is he really dead? Wasn't there mention in one of the books that he has a twin brother ?.
Hasn't JK Rowling said something to the effect that he really was? and yep, I wonder about the twin ( maybe the twin was posing as Dumbledore and thats why the "fake" Dumbledore died - it always shocked me that anyone bested Dumbledore - wouldn't surprise me if, when Voldemort came back with a vengance, if somehow Dumbledore 'duplicated' himself in case the very thing that happened, happened.... so that he could continue to fight the good fight)
Will Ron and Hermionie ever become a couple? ...................
After all the build up, it would be cruel for them not to.
Is aunt Petunia (Dursley) a squib?
Again... Hasn't JKR stated that she is indeed a squib? but I tend to think she is a squid with benefits..... theres a secret there for sure.
I hope that the final book is going to be a really big one
I hope that JKR reconsiders and just keeps writing..... :D
and that it keeps us guessing right up until the final few words of the last pages.
What? Am I the only one that reads the last page first?

Nah.... I'm kidding.... well, I've only done it the once.... :twisted:

Stay tuned....

~Lisa~

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:53 pm

Sorry I've been silent in this discussion - I've been a busy boy this week, but now the long weekend is here, I can add my $2 to this discussion.

I don't think Snape is a villain - I still think Dumbledore trusted him for a reason, maybe Dumbledore's trust included knowing the Snape would kill him for the greater good when the time came. This would ensure Snape could become the right-hand man of Voldemort.

I also believe Neville Longbottom has a greater part to play in this yet - he has always been a sleeper character who has had a greater importance hinted at since the early days. He has always been terrible with magic, but there is something there I'm sure that will show him to be a truly great magician.

Dumbledore is dead.

Aunt Petunia is a squib, but I'm sure she'll have a part to play in the finale.

Ron and Hermione will be together - I'm sure JKR won't let those two part.

I don't think Harry will die - but there will be others sacrificed. This is going to be a great book, but it will be sad that this series is coming to an end - it has been a great 8 years for me reading these!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:28 pm

Yes, we agree that Neville will have a big part to play in the final book. He was fairly quiet in the half blood prince but we are sure that the best of Neville and his talents in herbology are yet to be seen. Wouldn't he and Luna Lovegod make a good couple?

While Mushu is working on her lengthy but delayed reply, we'll throw this in for her and everyone else to think about.

Remember back to Order of the Phoenix (a few chapters before before Sirius dies) Sirius gives Harry a piece of shattered mirror to use as a way of the two of them communicating. He tells Harry to look into it whenever he needs him and he will be there (or something like that) After Sirius dies and the school year ends,it's mentioned that Harry throws it into the bottom of his trunk as he packs to go back to the Dursleys. The piece of mirror was not mentioned in Half B Price but it's got to be pivitol in the final book.

Dobby the house elf and Hermiones connection with spew could also play a big part in the finale.

Where have you heard,or read that JKR has stated that Dumbledore is dead and that Aunt Petunia is a squib? We are always behind the times with news and updates, but it's nice to Know that we guessed one thing right (still won't be convinced that Dumbledore is dead until we read the final book)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Where have you heard,or read that JKR has stated that Dumbledore is dead and that Aunt Petunia is a squib?
I thought that Dumbledore tells Harry that Aunt P is a squib in book 5?

As for Dumbledore being dead, before the book was released, didn't JKR say that a famous character would die in Book 6? And JKR doesn't tend to bring anyone back from the dead unless they are bad (using black magic) - but I'm still open to be surprised in book 7, so he may still come back.

In all the HP books, I've never guessed the baddy (except Voldemort) and I've never guessed how any of the books would end...so my guesses are probably way off the mark!!
:D
Keith

Trip history:

Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:13 am

100 days to the day that the final book is released!
We have gone back and are re-reading them all again (about to start book 4)

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:20 pm

100 days to the day that the final book is released!
We have gone back and are re-reading them all again (about to start book 4)
Oh good grief :!:

only 100 days :?:

I have started from book one again, ( mostly because I can't find book 6 yet :oops: ) and am not sure that I'll catch up before the next one is released.

and then I hear its now less than 100 days and panic has started to set in :shock:

hehe... not really, I'll just have to spend less time on the computer and more with my nose in a book - not such a bad thing.

Course the other two books I have on the go are probably slowing the process down somewhat......

~ Lisa ~

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:51 pm

and then I hear its now less than 100 days and panic has started to set in :shock:
I've noticed quite a few people on the train re-reading the earlier books over the last week or so. Seems like everyone is getting stuck in!

I would re-read book six if I had it, but Della is in the process of reading it, so I won't get it back in time.

But it doesn't matter, I've still got stacks of new books to get through (now where did I put down my new Wilbur Smith novel...)
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed May 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Has anyone heard much about the rumour that after the series is finished, JKR will write another book that ties off all the loose ends?... like an 'encyclopedia' type of thing.

although, I do remember reading that JKR said that by the end of the 8th book you'll know all you need to know to have a complete ending to the story she envisaged.

Supposedly the proceeds would go to charity, like the other two little books that she did ( [something - Fantastical? Magical? Mystical? Mythical?] Beasts and Where To Find Them and the Quiddich Through the Ages)

I read something about it and now can't find it again to see if I read it right. :?

~ Lisa ~

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi Lisa, I read exactly the same thing - I think it was on news.com.au a couple of weeks ago. It was going to be another charity book like the previous two.

Wow - the days are counting down to this release too, and the new movie - this is a great year for...err...all sorts of stuff :)
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:12 am

I just read that Universal in Orlando is in the process of building a 20 acre Harry Potter World in their theme park. The talk is that it will house a Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and even a Hogwarts of sorts that you can explore.

Sounds pretty good so far. Just the thought of a butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks gives me shivers.
Oh.... and the owls at the post office.....
and Zonko's ...

and OMG...... Honeydukes.... ( thats sending this major lollie addict into raptures...... but I won't be choosing any of those chocolate coated cockroaches thats for sure! :shock: )

I love the sound of this place. :D

And I want to see the library at Hogwarts - the forbidden section of course. Hope they have that book that shrieks.... :)

The website is worth a look if just for the music - goosebump material - like all the soundtracks.
http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

This announcement is nicely timed for the release of the last book huh?
And when they finish mini-park in Orlando, they can build one right here in QLD. I'd be the first in line for a job there.

~ Lisa ~

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Harry Potter World at Universal Orlando

Postby KeithS » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:17 pm

I just read that Universal in Orlando is in the process of building a 20 acre Harry Potter World in their theme park.
Isn't this going to be one of the coolest places to visit in a few years?!! I can't wait for my visit their. They had a big article about this on SBS last week, including talking to a number of the designers and showing a lot of computer animations on what the place will look like.

Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks - how awesome would that be!! And if Fred and George finally open their joke shop - well I'll be in line to get some of their products :)
Keith

Trip history:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”