Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Facebook question

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Facebook question

Postby mushu mama » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Ok, this is entirely not Disney related.

I'm having issues with a young girl in the US who keeps stealing my photos from my Photography page, and using them to pitch articles to travel websites. This girl was on my study tour when I was in Germany but I have no way of knowing how many photos she's stolen to this point. I've blocked viewers from the US because I can't block an individual on a page other than my primary page. Does anyone know how I can block her from accessing my photography page without having to delete the page because if I do that, I would have no proof of prior publication and therefore can't ask the websites to not use the photos without permission.
The thing about this that annoys me the most is that we've had multiple discussions, both face to face and via the internet, and denies using my photos when they quite obviously are. Quite apart from the fact that she only carried a phone the whole time and I was lugging around a telephoto lens the majority of the time. She appears to be so clueless that she believes that if she bluffs her way through, she'll get away with it. And so far, she is. I've sent emails to the latest website and they removed the photo... then she re-edited it and its back there again.

Given that I am planning on taking next year off from Uni to spend the year building up my online writing, this is a huge worry to me, because I could possibly be denied use of my own photos if she's published them on travel sites before.

I really am at a loss, so if anyone who knows any way to bring this to a halt I'm all ears. No pun intended.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Facebook question

Postby calisota » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Is she linking to your photos or is she downloading them?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:17 pm

she right clicked and stole... and then pretends they are hers.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:43 pm

she right clicked and stole... and then pretends they are hers.
Ahh too bad. If she was just linking then it's always fun to put up an "interesting" new file with the same name.

Are you willing to put watermarks over the images?

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:18 pm

yep, but I hadn't on the few I shared with the group that studied together - we were all sharing photos on our closed FB group.

I was speaking with a friend who is studying copyright law today and she is going to make some inquiries to see if they can come up with any solution other than lawyers. I don't really want to go down that path if I can avoid it, but blocking US traffic to my page is not conducive to follow on work either.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:55 am

I'm really at a loss as to Facebook. Can you appeal to Facebook themselves?

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:34 am

Nah, probably wouldn't make any difference as they photos were taken at the beginning of the year, but she's only just started using them outside of FB.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm

un friend her and you can also block her. If all else fails report her via the FB process.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”