Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Disney treasure storage/display

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney treasure storage/display

Postby mushu mama » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:12 am

Well, seeing as I am 1/2 of an irritating essay away from a 4 month break from study, I am determined to get 'organised' and declutter or perhaps 'clutter responsibly'... and yes, that is going to be a big task.

I have so many 'treasures' from my ever growing list of Disney trips that are way to precious to turf ( I can see my kids eyes rolling from here) but I live in ever decreasing sized homes which leaves me with boxes and cupboards crammed with loot I'd rather see on display.

So my question to all you guys who have been on so many more trips, what on earth do you do with it all?

I'm thinking about some kind of containerising of the paper stuff, some kind of good way to display things such as pins without them rusting in this humidity, and what on earth to do with the fluffies ( and I really have relatively few - well, by comparison) other than a bed covering and dust gathering.

Any and all diverse Disney items that you have come up with some kind of clever display or easy-to-get-at containerising I need to know, and I'm sure I've forgotten heaps of stuff so just kind of tell me how you house ALL of it.... if that isn't too much trouble -/

some of the ideas I've gotten from non-Disney friends are those Kiki folders that compartmentalise each trip for the paper stuff... some suggestions I wouldn't be able to post here. :wink:

Any ideas? photos?
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Disney treasure storage/display

Postby KeithS » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:38 am

Excellent question! I'm also interested in hearing about what other people do with all the stuff they collect.

Della usually puts all the paper work from each trip into a small box - so things like park maps, tickets, brochures and booklets that we pick up at museums etc, all go into a small box and stored away. We have a different box for each trip. (I think she uses little toy suitcases - I can't remember exactly).

As for pins, Della and I just store them in pin bags - but I really need to do something more with them. My bag is full and they are spilling out everywhere. My friends in Orlando actually frame a selection of pins from each trip and hang them on the wall. Just a small frame - that held about 10 pins and it looked cool as they were themed to each holiday.

Fluffies - well Della is the master of fluffy displays. She bought Ikea "Billy" cupboards with all glass doors and stores them in there. The cupboards are about 190cms tall and double doored - she has six of them - they are the same style as this photo I found online:
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 am

Oh I like the cabinet idea.... but the space could be an issue.

atm I have my pins all still pinned on the lanyards that correspond with the trip they were purchased on and they hand in a bunch over a door handle. My fluffies just sit around my rooms gathering dust, and other treasures are in tubs or boxes. But I forget what I've got unless I spend time going through the tubs and boxes, which I rarely have.

A few of my 'precious' things I have in a crystal cabinet, but that's it, the rest are hidden away.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 am

A few of my 'precious' things I have in a crystal cabinet, but that's it, the rest are hidden away.
Yep - Della does this too.

I just have a couple of bookshelves with stuff thrown everywhere on them and it is really out of control.

I'd like to do something for my Disney watch collection - if anyone has any suggestions about that, I'd be very appreciative.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Tigger71
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby Tigger71 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:07 am

Our collections are tame compared to others however we have the same issue of space...

Our Christmas bubbles only get displayed on the tree for a few weeks. That's an easy one!
My scrapbooking items fill two monstrous suitcases and a side board. Again these are easy to 'hide'.
Our other collection are Disney photo frames from each trip and they sit neatly on a cabinet (although they do need more regular dusting).
Things like pins and costumes are stored away for the next trip as soon as we unpack. My kids will not spend THEIR cash on pins so have kept the same 25-30 and traded for their current favourite theme each trip. We have a few Disney Halloween costumes that we will reuse (I hope) and a huge collection of matching shirts for each family member that get stored in space bags in the garage.
My collection of Disney soaps and hotel toiletries is slowly dwindling...no storage issues there!
Sadly I have not entered into the world of snow globes, Hallmark ornaments, fluffies, watches (although we have two Disney wall clocks), Jim Shore collectables or other high end merchandise, so I don't have any wonderful display solutions to add but I hope someone else takes the time to post their photos!
Past Disney vacations...

DLR - 1995, 1998, 2002, 2015, 2016
DLP - 1998, 2013
WDW - 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2017
TDR - 2010, June 2012
HKD - 2010, Oct 2012, 2015
DCL - 2013,2015
Aulani - 2015
SDR - 2017

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”