Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Christmas

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Christmas

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:04 pm

So how is everyone going with their Christmas preparations?

I'm all set for this year.

On Saturday Christmas Eve, I go over to Della's place and we do presents before stepping outside for the traditional Peakhurst street party which is always great fun. Everyone in the neighbourhood line the street gutters with candles and it looks fantastic.

On Christmas day after opening presents, Dad and I go to my sister's house where she cooks the full traditional turkey lunch with Christmas pudding - before we all lie on the floor of her house digesting!

On Boxing Day, Della and I go to her Dad's place down in Berima and we do the whole Christmas lunch thing again (food food food) and we watch the Boxing Day Test Match.

We then have a few quiet days where Della goes to the sales with her Mum - and then on Thursday, we fly to Hong Kong Disneyland!

Woohoo - great two weeks coming up - but I have to get through the next four days at work :(
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Christmas

Postby ajp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

Christmas is barely an afterthought at the moment for us. The last couple of months has been preparing for, doing and then waiting for results of both the HSC and School Certificate in our house. Add to that 2 formals, a (unsuccessful) driving test and various end of school and 18th parties for the kids and we have not had time to scratch ourselves.

But I am looking forward to a slow few days off between xmas and New Year. Xmas day will be at my parents then off to the out-laws for dinner. Boxing day is my nieces birthday so back to mums for that, so while the kids will be doing whatever, I'll be watching the cricket.

Thank Big W for going 24 hours at Mac Square so we can do our shopping this week. :shock:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 am

Thank Big W for going 24 hours at Mac Square so we can do our shopping this week. :shock:
Whoa - that's leaving it late!

Sounds like you've had some busy months with the girls. You can relax now for a week or two before getting serious again with your WDW trip coming down the pipeline!
Keith

Trip history:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Anthony our stories are very similar! Tonight we are having a BBQ at a local park for 40 of Angus's friends for his 16th. Thank goodness it stopped raining.

I would like to stop work so I can start shopping and cooking. Angus has just informed me there is NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE! 16 year olds have a different definition of what constitutes food.

I did have a little r&r last week when I got a chicken bone stuck in my throat while eating lunch at work. 10 hours later I had it removed in theatre and spent the next day in a hospital bed. Not really relaxing but they say a change is as good as a holiday. This was the day after I was told I did not get the job I had been acting in for over 2 years :evil:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Anthony our stories are very similar! Tonight we are having a BBQ at a local park for 40 of Angus's friends for his 16th. Thank goodness it stopped raining.
I'm looking forward to the day when hopefully things will eventually slow down a little bit
I would like to stop work so I can start shopping and cooking. Angus has just informed me there is NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE! 16 year olds have a different definition of what constitutes food.
Tell me about it! It doesn't matter, girls or boys. They inhale anything that's in the cupboard and doesn't requiring mixing with something else.
I did have a little r&r last week when I got a chicken bone stuck in my throat while eating lunch at work. 10 hours later I had it removed in theatre and spent the next day in a hospital bed. Not really relaxing but they say a change is as good as a holiday.
:shock: That would have been a little frightening. Hope you have recovered OK from that ordeal. You need a */
This was the day after I was told I did not get the job I had been acting in for over 2 years :evil:
Now that is low. I hope there was a legitimate reason for that, because more often than not the incumbent wins out in selection. I hope you have a alternative plan which improves your own situation.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Wow Beth, what a week you've had. Chicken bones and job dramas. I really hate it when they make someone act in a position for a long period of time - and it is terrible when they don't appoint that person. If two years was good enough for them, then why not ongoing? It doesn't make sense.

Christmas is just around the corner - lets hope you get lots of cheer! :D
Keith

Trip history:

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 am

Well you've had an unpleasantly eventful week Beth. How scary with the chicken bone and BOO! to the job. I work at a uni so am very familiar with horrible, bureaucratic office politics :evil: Did they give you an explanation?

Christmas for us will be; morning here with the boys opening their Santa pressies, then off to my folk's for lunch and Craig's folks for dinner. Luckily we all live within half an hour of each other.

Boxing Day will be spent watching the cricket, teaching the boys to ride their new bikes and packing for our camping trip that we leave on the following day.

I HAD finished all my Christmas shopping a week or two ago, with only movie ticket vouchers for the older nieces and nephews to get yesterday, and then I found out on the weekend that my brother will have two extra foster kids this year, so had to do a last minute dash to pick something up for them. That makes it a record 23 children we had to buy for this year, but it was a lot of fun!

Christmas is going to be a blast this year. Ben has always been really reserved, but this year - as a four year old - is a bit more enthusiastic about life in general and is really looking forward to Christmas. Jared is almost three so is old enough to understand the whole Christmas thing and is also very excited about Santa coming. Josh is almost one already (how did that happen?!?!?) and will have a ball with all the wrapping paper :lol: -/

BUT, while I am looking forward to the day itself and the camping trip the week after - I don't want it to end. I return to work full time on January 3rd :cry: I'm going to miss my babies so much and am SO jealous that Craig is getting to stay home with them!!!!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 am

That makes it a record 23 children we had to buy for this year, but it was a lot of fun!
WOW!!! That would have taken a couple of Target toy-sale marathons to fulfil those orders!
Keith

Trip history:

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:19 pm

That makes it a record 23 children we had to buy for this year, but it was a lot of fun!
WOW!!! That would have taken a couple of Target toy-sale marathons to fulfil those orders!
Nope, I avoid those like the plague. The older nieces and nephews - we have 11 not counting the foster kids - get movie vouchers, the under 5s are easy, it,s the pre teens that are the hardest.

Craig and I each have three siblings so there are kids everywhere, but we don't do pressies for our siblings at all which makes it all a bit easier.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:06 am

3 sleeps to go!! We are so excited in the Robinson house hold! Matilda (3yrs) is so excited but i think Mackenzie (1 yrs) has no idea what is going on!
I have done all the kids shopping (mainly in the june sales) and all matilda wants is a Princess Jasmine costume which ihave got from the disney store!

Christmas eve is at mums with my dad side of the family, christmas morning back at mums for pressies and then we have no plans (usually go to murrrays family but his mum is on a cruise this year so we are celebrateing the next week :-)) So looking forward to having a slow one!

hope you all have a great Christmas!!!
love jess
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 am

Hiya Jess. I can't believe that Matilda is three years old already. You'll have to start planning a Disney trip :D

Have a wonderful Christmas!
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:05 am

Wow everyone is in Hyper Christmas mode :)

I'm still in 'Meh' zone... haven't been able to find the lights for the tree, so its up, and still naked. Still need to do about 1/3 of the shopping - most of it being the food and a few stocking stuffers. And possibly some new lights.

To add degree of difficulty, I have to be ready a day earlier than usual for Christmas Eve to celebrate with Zach as he is going away for 3 days with his girlfriend over the Christmas break to her family. (which I am still coming to terms with... never had Christmas with one of my kids missing before)

I'm working late tonight and tomorrow night so the prep has come to a grinding halt. I've done heaps of baking... which has mysteriously been disappearing to the point that I will have enough for a plate of cookies for Santa and not much more... no one has any idea who's eating them of course. :?

I guess it will all come together when I throw some more money at it :wink:

OMG Beth, you've had the most horrible Christmas build up... so sorry to hear that... hope you're all better now and that it all takes an upswing from here ... Mel and Jess, those years with all the fun with the little ones is a treat... I kind of miss that magic now.

So, this year, I will have 3 days off, which I haven't done for MANY years, so it's been kind of strange making plans for days I have almost always worked.
Christmas Eve: family Christmas for most of the day.
Christmas Day: church, chill, eat and walk on the beach and not a lot more...
Boxing Day: sleep in, walk on the beach, Boxing Day cricket, BBQ with friends...

Happy with that ,and then back to work...

looking forward to the 3 days off, with a little of ajp's issues with all the whopping hoopla that comes with a child finishing year 12 which in all honesty, nearly swallowed up Christmas, and one child moving out, and me going to full time school and then changing from part time to full time work a few months ago and simultaneously deciding to move house .... its been a huge year.

For those who won't be back here till after the festivities... have a magical Christmas and hope that you have some pixie dust in there somewhere... I'm sure to pop in here on the day anyway to share a little Disney Christmas Day magic.

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Christmas party in full swing at our place at the moment, 30 teenagers and Craig and I are hiding in the bedroom. Waiting to go and watch secret Santa!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Lisa I have wondered how long it would be before my kids started dispersing on Christmas day

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Yay - I've finished work for 2011 :D
Keith

Trip history: