Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Space shuttle

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Space shuttle

Postby churros » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 am

Discovery's last flight just launched and Glenda missed it by days. Secretly pleased as I would have eaten my socks if she had seen it and I missed out after my attempts to see a launch in 2008. 2 flights to go and short of winning lotto (which I believe requires you to buy a ticket) I will have to be satisfied with NASA TV live streaming!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Space shuttle

Postby KeithS » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Discovery's last flight just launched and Glenda missed it by days. Secretly pleased as I would have eaten my socks if she had seen it and I missed out after my attempts to see a launch in 2008. 2 flights to go and short of winning lotto (which I believe requires you to buy a ticket) I will have to be satisfied with NASA TV live streaming!
It's a shame Glenda missed it - although I guess that does prevent us being jealous of her!

I tried to tune into NASA TV this morning (the launch was on at a civilised time for once) but my work wouldn't allow the streaming :(

It is a shame the program is coming to an end - the space shuttle is something I've followed right from the very beginning.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Space shuttle

Postby churros » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Interesting I was watching NASA TV on my laptop while I was watching Channel's 9 Today show and its footage was about 3 seconds ahead of the live streaming :shock:

CAPCOM and the bloke next him seemed to have found something extremely funny for awhile, quite a different picture to other launches in the past, well more specifically Challenger.

Must get me to Houston one of these days - bucket list!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”