Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

disney food

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

disney food

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:21 am

Not sure if we've had a thread for this before but considering I (foolishly) started the day by scrolling through the Disney Food Blog and then wandered through their 'best ever desserts' thread, I got to thinking about all the heart attack rendering truly delicious food that Disney parks offer.

So I thought I'd be nosy and ask about everyones fav foods in the parks. So.... I thought we'd start off with your fav breakfast in each park ( for those lucky enough to have visited most/all of them) so anyone going there can be inspired to try something they might have missed on their last visit.

I'll set the ball rolling....

Disneyland Resort- well, because I rarely got there in time for breakfast, it'd probably be a dole whip or a Churro :wink: come to think of it, I don't think I ever got there for breakfast - I started with whatever sugar laden snacks I had in my room :shock:

Tokyo - By far the best breakfast for us in Tokyo was the Mickey Waffles... Wish I'd taken a photo of them.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: disney food

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:49 am

Not sure I'm going to be much help on breakfast, I'm simply not a breakfast person.

The one breakfast thing that does stand out for me though was at WDW. Because I was staying offsite I caught the free bus each morning. Same bus, same time, same driver. I also got into the habit of buying a red bull and a danish to eat on the bus. Because we were getting along so well the driver let me eat even though there was a no food policy. After a couple of days I started buying him a danish as well which cemented the deal. It never hurts to be nice..to paraphrase one of the greatest cartoon characters ever, Eeek the cat.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 am

The buffet breakfast in both Storyteller's Cafe (Grand Californian DL) and 1800 Park Fare (Grand Floridian WDW), with particular emphasis on the Eggs Benedict. To pick one over the other, the eggs benedict at 1800 Park Fare rate better.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 am

In Hong Kong, the Enchanted Garden character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel has a big spread of good food - but you'll be sampling that for yourself soon Lisa :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:13 am

The buffet breakfast in both Storyteller's Cafe (Grand Californian DL) and 1800 Park Fare (Grand Floridian WDW), with particular emphasis on the Eggs Benedict. To pick one over the other, the eggs benedict at 1800 Park Fare rate better.
Ever read Anthony Bourdain's book?

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:39 am

No I haven't Greg.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 am

He's an (ex) New York chef who wrote a tell all book on working in restaurants. He now has a travel show.

In the book he says that you should never eat Eggs Benedict because of the way that the sauce is made in bulk some time before and the way that it is stored. I've never eaten it since I read his book which is a shame because I really like it.

His TV show is excellent by the way. Anyone who can say "I travel, I eat and I write about it" is a hero of mine.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:59 am

Eeek the cat.

Greg
who?

And the red bull heart starter is going to be my staple this weekend of scrapping frenzy in the guise of a retreat - not sure I'll be able to keep the pace without it.

And you shouldn't deprive yourself of something you enjoy on the say so of someone you've never met - lifes too short
In Hong Kong, the Enchanted Garden character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel has a big spread of good food - but you'll be sampling that for yourself soon Lisa :D
-/ -/ -/ do they mind if you take photos of the buffet?

Storytellers rates really high on the Disney food blog ajp... also Cafe Orleans... both have been pencilled in to my 'one-day WDW' note book. I love the sound of the Mickey beignets....
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Eeek the cat.

Greg
who?
Only one of the greatest cartoon characters ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eek_The_Cat

I was so impressed by it when it was on that I wrote a fan letter to the creator and got back a letter with original artwork.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok, so in the interest of staying informed, I googled a youtube of Eek. Its quirky and interesting and kinda funny. I wondered how I'd never heard of it, but then realised I had a 2 year old at the time. :roll:

The funny part was, when I was watching it, that now almost 19 year old had also googled an Eek tube on his iPhone and was laughing along in the background.

Clearly its a classic.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 pm

In Hong Kong, the Enchanted Garden character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel has a big spread of good food -

Oh.... Do you have any photos of the breakfasts Keith? I'd love to see them.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Ok, so in the interest of staying informed, I googled a youtube of Eek. Its quirky and interesting and kinda funny. I wondered how I'd never heard of it, but then realised I had a 2 year old at the time. :roll:

The funny part was, when I was watching it, that now almost 19 year old had also googled an Eek tube on his iPhone and was laughing along in the background.

Clearly its a classic.
OMG, that makes me feel so old! :(

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:17 pm

In Hong Kong, the Enchanted Garden character breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel has a big spread of good food -

Wouldn't you prefer to be surprised when you get there Lisa?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Wouldn't you prefer to be surprised when you get there Lisa?
Believe me ajp, if I could have found pictures online, I'd have done so already. I'm not big on surprises, I like to know stuff. The pixels rarely duplicate the magic of being there I've discovered. Lately I've realised that while some Disney trippers ( as my son likes to call us) really love the planning with numbers and stuff, I am more about the visuals. Weird huh?
OMG, that makes me feel so old! :(
Greg
toughen up princess... you were watching cartoons then and you presumably still are... lifes pretty good. :lol: You only have to worry about getting old when you forget who the characters are I'd have thought. :wink:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Not of the food. I've got photos of the characters coming around the table, but I didn't take any buffet photos. They'll let you do it, but I'm just not into food photos!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”