Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

disney food

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: disney food

Postby ajp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

Lunch, hmm. The buffet on the Disney Magic! Any where that seafood, roasts, deli meats and an abundance of fruit and salads is on offer at once, at lunch time, is a good place.

The Gumbo at Port Orleans Square in DL at lunch time, on a cold wet winter's day. It's good at any time, but on a day like this even better.

A dishonorable mention goes to burger and fries at most counter service places across WDW and DL. They're getting worse, even though we still eat them in abundance, they're not enjoyable.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:49 am

Firstly... ewwww... to the photo of a hot dog inside a zucchini masquerading as a dagwood dog... that just should be illegal. Reminds me of a turducken... (shudder) did you actually eat that Sandie?

now back to lunch...

I can't honestly remember any outstanding lunches in the parks... had the best hot dogs in DTD and the gumbo was good, but I think I mostly ate lunch on the run if at all. Truthfully, I probably just grabbed a churro and lunched in a line for some ride or another. One of the perks of traveling without kids, no need to stop. I did have lunch at the pizza place in Tomorrowland once, but wont be repeating that anytime soon... that wasn't the best.
The Corn chowder in a sourdough roll from the bakery at Pacific Warf was really good though.

Nope wait... the best lunch from memory was kebabs at Bengal BBQ with a Dole whip chaser... yum.

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:42 pm

did you actually eat that Sandie?
No I just found that when I googled DIsney hot dog. I do remember eating at Millies in front of the Fairfield Inn in Anaheim though and haing a desperate craving for vegetables. I ordered a side of zuchini and when it came it was deep fried and battered!
I did have lunch at the pizza place in Tomorrowland once, but wont be repeating that anytime soon
I had Christmas pizza there - it had a white sauce and brocoli on it - it was awesome

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I ordered a side of zuchini and when it came it was deep fried and battered!
LOL... that reminds me of someone I know who lives near DL and gave a report on her blog about the food and wine festival there this year.... if it wasn't fried - it was below par :wink: .
I had Christmas pizza there - it had a white sauce and brocoli on it - it was awesome
:shock: :shock: :shock:

now surprisingly, I will eat broccoli, but I'd be very surprised if that was awesome. :wink:

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:28 pm

We liked the chilli con carne in sour dough bowls at La Brae Bakery in Downtown Disneyland. I even tried to make it when I got home but couldn't find the bowl size sour dough bread rolls. We also like the taco bowls at Pecos Bills at Magic Kingdom WDW. Must be something about being able to eat the flatware!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

For those us that like a little Disney with their food...

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/slideshow/ ... d-12238348

Love it. -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”