Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Christmas decorations

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Christmas decorations

Postby churros » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 am

Well it's that time of year again. I have to admit that I am struggling with motivation to get into the spirit. I think it is a combination of a very difficult year, having a cold and having work to do at home. I'm hoping today to break the back of the decoration thing.

Who is done?

As you complete send us some photos - I suspect mine a going to look very similar to last year. Maybe we could post photos of any new Disney Christmas items. -/

I saw plush mickeys that play music at Kmart yesterday. I had to tried about 8 Mickeys before I found one that worked. It played a carol but I thought it might have Mickey singing but no, just computerised music.

I did however get a great new app on iphone. It is called 'a sparkling Christmas' and comes up with a home page of HKDL castle. It is a page about 'Winter wonderland' and a snowflake factory where you design your own snowflake, choose a DL background, music and if you shake the phone it snows, like a snow globe and then you can send it to friends. Disney have quite a few real cutes apps - I only get the free ones though.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Christmas decorations

Postby mushu mama » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:08 am

Well it's that time of year again. I have to admit that I am struggling with motivation to get into the spirit. I think it is a combination of a very difficult year, having a cold and having work to do at home. I'm hoping today to break the back of the decoration thing.
I'm hearin' ya... been a tough year... I'm feeling more of the Bah humbug than the christmas cheer so far but am hoping enough of it will kick in so I at least have the motivation to christmas shop.
Who is done?
*Sigh* with a possible house move looming, I am not even game to drag out the boxes.... I'll do a tree I guess but not sure on what scale.

I did however get a great new app on iphone. It is called 'a sparkling Christmas' and comes up with a home page of HKDL castle. It is a page about 'Winter wonderland' and a snowflake factory where you design your own snowflake, choose a DL background, music and if you shake the phone it snows, like a snow globe and then you can send it to friends. Disney have quite a few real cutes apps - I only get the free ones though.
OH...MY....GOD..... I want one. :cry:

Ok... well, Beth, if you can find the christmas cheer after the year you've had then I guess I'll put a little more effort into it...

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:25 pm

but am hoping enough of it will kick in so I at least have the motivation to christmas shop.
I had a massive motivation attack about a fortnight ago and actually went out and got ALL my Christmas shopping done! Every year I say I'll do that, yet every year I'm still running around in the big crowds with five days to go - so this year I was determined!

Haven't done anything about decorations though...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Christmas decorations.... we don't really have any! We'll up out two trees - we have Disney-themed tree that we put up on the coffee table away from small people, and a bigger, generic tree for our home theatre room. Neither are up yet, hopefully this week sometime. That's all we'll be doing though.

As for shopping, we have most of our 9 nieces and nephews taken care of and a few other kidlets that we shop for, but my boys have hardly anything yet. I don't know that we'll actually get them too much since their many Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and great Grandparents spoil them rotten!

I think we're buying all my parents and PIL tickets to see Wicked so that's nice and easy :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 pm

We just finished putting our tree up! The village and non tree stuff will go up tomorrow night and the outside lights on Saturday!

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 am

A friend went to DL a few months ago and gave some wonderful Christmas presents last night including a Mickey and Minnie Christmas throw rug, coasters, mickey tongs and the beautiful ornament below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneydown ... 207348474/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneydown ... 206599813/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 am

I thought I would also include a photo of the Hallmark ornament I bought myself this year: Mickey as Bob Cratchit - this is the first in a series for A Christmas Carol.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneydown ... 207397904/

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Beth, I've got a 50 anniversary ornament that's a lot like your one, but without the ears. I like the addition of the ears :)

I was too slow off the mark for my Hallmark Ornament this year. I did see the one you got, but didn't buy it when I first saw it and then all the Disney ones were gone :(
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”