Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Sharing the magic.

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Sharing the magic.

Postby mushu mama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:59 am

ok, well, I guess all us Disney addicts have had an experience along these lines but I thought I'd share a little story about sharing the magic.

As you all know, I am not a big planner when I go away... I kind of book the basics ( generally at the last minute) and then decide when I get there. And while I know not many of you could stand that lack of preparedness, I find the coin toss a perfectly viable way of traveling. So, there I was, about 6 months back from my last trip, and into my shop walks an unsuspecting customer. I am kind of chatty when I am at work ( surprise?) and anyone that is reckless enough to say they are going on a trip will have the details squeezed out of them before I even ask them to enter their pin number for their purchase. So this particular customer was heading to LA. I of course ask her about her plans for Disneyland ( as if its a given) and she says that she had considered it but didnt' know where to start... was it her lucky day or what? so the next 15 minutes ( it was a slow day) was spent giving her the best tips I could muster from my brain - it still being pretty fresh in there. And thinking that I'd never likely see her again, I was happy with my efforts of sharing the magic.

Now this lady was a delight... and about a week ago she came bolting into the shop ( I had been transfered and working elsewhere but was filling in in my old shop) and spent the next good half hour telling me about how Disneyland had been the highlight of her trip and all the tips I'd given her that she'd taken on board had apparently made a world of difference to the enjoyment. ( Churros were high on the list if I remember rightly, and my detailed explanation about FP's) She showed me her brag book of photos and went on to tell me that on the strength of my enthusiasm about the DL in Tokyo she and her daughter had then gone on to visit there as well since I'd seen her last.

All that from a few minutes talking to a shop girl about Disneyland. I was stunned. I saw her again at work yesterday ( in my usual shop) and she and her daughter are now planning a trip to Europe and are going to visit DL Paris while they are there, as they are planning to visit all the parks if they are near them from now on.

Just goes to show that even the least Disney-traveled of the lot of us, can still share the magic.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Sharing the magic.

Postby ajp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 am

That was good of her to make the effort to come in an see you and tell you about it. It's a great feeling when you can help someone like that to better enjoy their holiday and in particular their Disney park experience (sorry for sounding like a marketing nerd :mrgreen: ).

That deserves a -/ ... no wait, 2 -/ -/
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 am

That's such a cool story Lisa! I actually have a Disneyland Tips page saved on my computer because I've been asked by so many people about the best way to see it all :) I just want everybody to enjoy at least half as much as I do and get at least a little bit of that magic feeling :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:49 pm

That was good of her to make the effort to come in an see you and tell you about it.
yeah, apparently she had been keeping an eye out for me at my old shop for months and months so was pretty excited when she finally saw me there again.
She's a lovely lady :D

I just want everybody to enjoy at least half as much as I do and get at least a little bit of that magic feeling :)
my sentiments exactly Mel. :D

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 am

Shame we can't get shares!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:19 am

:lol:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”