Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

We're home and the boys are Disney-ready!

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

We're home and the boys are Disney-ready!

Postby Mel » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:57 pm

We got back yesterday :) The boys were fantastic (Ben is 2.5yrs and Jared is 9.5 months). Jared slept most of the way up and back on the plane and Ben was happy to sit and chat with us so we didn't irritate any other passengers at all :)

We spent the majority of the week hanging around the apartment and going to the beach and pool but we did venture into SeaWorld from open til close and the same at DreamWorld. Granted, it was only a 10am - 5pm day, but I couldn't be happier with my boys. Not a single meltdown, hissy fit or tantrum all day - and the boys were good too ;) :lol: After our very successful day at SeaWorld, I walked out of the gates saying to Craig "They're ready for Disneyland" :lol: My main concern with TDR now is the extra flying time, but if we can get a nighttime flight all should be well.

We missed Disney so much while we were in the parks. As soon as we walked into DreamWorld Craig said "Disney do it so much better!" If that's not a Disney convert, I don't know what is :lol: We still had a great time though - it was a fantastic little getaway.

My BIL brought the dog back tonight and the poor thing has been chased around by the boys ever since, with Ben telling him "I love you puppy" and "I missed you puppy!" :lol:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: We're home and the boys are Disney-ready!

Postby churros » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:20 pm

I remember on a flight to Thailand a mother carried her <12mth on the plane and there was a collective groan. She gave the child a bottle and she carried it still asleep off the plane 9 hrs later :shock: Some bottle!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 pm

I remember on a flight to Thailand a mother carried her <12mth on the plane and there was a collective groan. She gave the child a bottle and she carried it still asleep off the plane 9 hrs later :shock: Some bottle!
We had a baby like that on flight on from LA last month. It was two rows in front of us and Della and I groaned when we saw it - but we never heard a peep during the entire flight!

Glad you're back with us Mel and that you had a good time up north!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:33 am

Thats really exciting Mel... -/ So glad your trip to the GC was successful. The weather up here's been magic lately so I guess that helped as well.

I suppose you are full speed ahead with planning for Disneyland now... enjoy. :D

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”