Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What would you build - Part 1

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

What would you build - Part 1

Postby sandie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 pm

So I am in the middle of a big frenzied clean out of every corner of my house (up to 37 garbage bags and counting). I came across some papers from a past meeting where we had to think of new lands or attractions for the parks. We never really fleshed them out so I thought I would post one every few days and we can add our ideas and make it more "real".

Sandie

p.s. never fear no Disney stuff is going however we do a a box of items which we will bring to the next meeting which will be FREE TO A GOOD HOME. The amount of stuff my kids have taken home from Disney meetings is amazing.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What would you build - Part 1

Postby sandie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:44 pm

A rollercoaster based on Hercules.

What are your ideas?

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Ever since the day I saw Monster's Inc I thought that a rollercoaster along the lines of Lethal Weapon (Movie World) where you hang below the track, and primarily based on the doors room would be the ultimate. I like the DCA version, but this would be so cool!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:21 pm

You misunderstand - we are building a rc based on Hercules!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 pm

:oops: Sorry, I thought you were just after ideas for different rides. OK, here we go.

The queuing should start with the theme of being in Phils training ground.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Ok, here is my idea of a Hercules ride....

You enter the queuing area through huge white Grecian columns, the flooring is mosaic all the way to the loading dock. Naturally, there are hidden Mickeys in the mosaic. The walls have huge murals in the style of the Grecian clay pots depicting scenes from the movie, different on either side so that it takes a few turns to see it all. Naturally there are hidden Mickeys amongst the artwork.
You are loaded into glittering chariots that are taking you to Mt Olympus... but whats this? the convoy of chariots are stopped by the Fates and held momentarily to watch a mini movie projected onto a water screen of the Fates cutting your 'string' and you are redirected down a steep dark path. Suddenly out of nowhere a MASSIVE Cerberus appears and gnashes its multi headed teeth at you - narrowly missing your chariot as you hurtle downwards into a watery dark world. You feel the spray of the river Styx on your face and the moans of the damned that are projected on the water beside you the ride slows.
While you recover from the shock, your chariot gathers speed and blue 'flames' shoot up from the wheels of the chariot on both sides of you as you are suddenly hurled forward and upward at great speed with lightning bolts flying all around you. As you ascend, the 'blue' darkness gives way to sparkly lights playing all around you and you race around and up until you come to a pause at the top of the mountain. The huge golden gates are then flung open and you fly alongside Pegasus projected onto the walls, around and down again towards more Grecian columns and the disembarking dock.
Who's up for another ride? :wink:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Ever since the day I saw Monster's Inc I thought that a rollercoaster along the lines of Lethal Weapon (Movie World) where you hang below the track, and primarily based on the doors room would be the ultimate.
Yep, I've had that thought before too... there needs to be an element of 'free fall' to make that work.... good idea... huh? :D
And I wasn't all that impressed with the M Inc Ride presently in DCA so that'd be a vast improvement.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:28 am

Wow Lisa, you're good at this ...

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:09 am

I was thinking the same thing - I don't think I could even begin to top that one, so I'm not even going to try!

I was actually imagining every single scene of that ride and thinking "this would be a cool rollercoaster!!"

Better slap a copyright on that one Lisa, before Disney steals your ideas :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 am

I was thinking the same thing - I don't think I could even begin to top that one, so I'm not even going to try!
Thanks guys,what can I say, I have an hyperactive imagination.... but I feel bad you guys aren't going to have a go :oops: , I'm sure they're not the only ideas out there :roll:

I was actually imagining every single scene of that ride and thinking "this would be a cool rollercoaster!!"
Thats how I came up with the ideas... I just closed my eyes and sat on my own personal Hercules rollercoaster and let it take me there.
Better slap a copyright on that one Lisa, before Disney steals your ideas :D
Good idea, how does one become an imaginEAR I wonder? I could handle that... I don't need to actually have qualifications do I? They need 'ideas' people right?...OOOH.... I need a new job, that might be fun.... who do I call? :wink:

Lisa. -/

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:22 am

You enter the queuing area through huge white Grecian columns, the flooring is mosaic all the way to the loading dock. Naturally, there are hidden Mickeys in the mosaic. The walls have huge murals in the style of the Grecian clay pots depicting scenes from the movie, different on either side so that it takes a few turns to see it all. Naturally there are hidden Mickeys amongst the artwork.
You are loaded into glittering chariots that are taking you to Mt Olympus...
where you are taken for a pleasant ride along a straight and level track amid a lovely garden and then allowed off...

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:26 am

where you are taken for a pleasant ride along a straight and level track amid a lovely garden and then allowed off...
Greg

:lol: :lol:

See... I told you mine were not the only ideas out there. :wink:

Do you think they might need a fast pass lane?
Lisa. -/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:22 pm

If you ever played the hercucles game on playstation it would provide a lot of the action on the ride. Hercules has to dodge things, rescue damsels in distress, shoot at things, jump over things, fight things - I used to love that game. It was in the days when you played on one platform - left to right - I was able to master that but not the new games where the character can go in any direction.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Ahhhh...Greg's "love" of roller coasters is shining through here :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 am

So Sandie, what else can we build? :D

Lisa. :cat:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”