Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Top Three Sit Down Meals

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Top Three Sit Down Meals

Postby sandie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:01 pm

What are your best three table service meal memories? Was it the time you and a stranger ate spaghetti ala Lady and the Tramp at Tony's? Was it napkin twitling at Chef Mickey's?

Tell us where and why........

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Top Three Sit Down Meals

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Was it the time you and a stranger ate spaghetti ala Lady and the Tramp at Tony's?
Oh nice thought..... :D
Sigh... didn't happen :cry:

I didn't actually do a formal Eat In thing.... does when I sat down to eat count?

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:00 pm

I've only ever had 2 sit down meals in Disney parks so it's an easy one for me.

Blue Bayou at Disneyland. Prime rib while I watched the boast going past. Had no idea what to expect and was enchanted.

Dim Sum at HK Disneyland. Can't beat chinese food in China.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Blue Bayou at DL. Everything about it was ideal. It was NYE, we were near the water and just being in there eating at a place that I've often looked at and wondered about was enjoyable. Food was not bad, but the ambience was something else.

Goofy's Kitchen in DL Hotel. I love the theming and it's probably one of the best themed sit downs I've been to. Food was so-so, but as buffets go, was quite good.

Breakfast at the Plaza in DL. I think I've got the name right. That's the one at the end of main street on the right hand side at the entrance to Tomorrowland. It's just so quaint and to have that sort of character experience in the park was something else.

I will make a special mention for the Italian restaurant in the Excalibur in Las Vegas. It was a classic italian restaurant with real italian food and chefs and waiters. I really enjoyed this one. I also did like Ariel's Grotto in DCL, but the 3 above will do.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am

Club 33 at Tokyo Disneyland - great food, great location, and a unique experience never to be repeated :( It is this uniqueness why it made my list.

Lunch at Oceano's in Tokyo Disneysea and meeting the CEO of the Oriental Land Company - again, this is such a unique event that it had to make this list.

Magellan's Restaurant at Tokyo Disneysea - great food, AMAZING location and theming, and we were there with our DUDisneyana friends. We also had the imagineer who had designed that part of the park tell us the story of how he came up with the idea for a fortress in Tokyo Disneysea.

Honourable Mentions
Character dining at HKDL during the World Tour when Goofy wiped everyone's mouth with a napkin then shoved it down the back of Wayne's shirt - too funny :)

The Roosevelt Room on the SS Colombia at Tokyo Disneysea - one of the best themed experiences I've had - and the food was terrific too. We were there at nighttime when it was pouring rain, so it looked like seaspray on the windows, it really felt like we were at sea in the 1920's! (Except for the Tokyo Disneyland bags beside us!)

Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge - food and theming there was fantastic - in fact, probably the best food I've ever had at a US Disney park. We were there with author and imagineer Jason Surrell and his girlfriend, so it was interesting to have him all to ourselves in a private capacity - rather than an official one.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:31 pm

OK I have quite a few sit down meals where I have to take my sister's word that they were excellent and they included every meal on the cruise and Boma. But like those before me you can't beat Blue Bayou for atmosphere and we loved the Gumbo and people passing in boats asking us to throw them a bread roll - not on your life! Character breakfast at the Plaza Inn HKDL - just stunning interior and Minnie in traditional dress - she was beautiful! Goofy's Kitchen - you are so spoilt for choice but I never saw anyone near the salad bar - well it was breakfast after all!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 am

Ok I have been thinking about this one as we have had a lot of sit down meals over the years.

1. Le Cellier in EPCOT. We have eaten here twice and it is cool and quiet and yummy - a perfect rest break
2. Nine Dragons in EPCOT - we ate here once and it was so nice we changed another priority seating so we could eat here a second time.
3.Tony's Town Square in Magic Kingdom - this place had bad reviews but I had credit and we had to use it. I am so glad we did. It was so nice sitting in the glass conservatory knowing it was 40 degrees outside but a nice 19 inside. Watching the crowds walk by whilst we ate some yummy food - especially the artichoke dip!

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”