Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Summer Holidays

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Summer Holidays

Postby churros » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:49 am

OK it's a little quiet and Lisa and I have nearly exhausted the the Christmas Tree thread and I know everyone is really busy but thought I kick off a new thread for those of us who are stealing away from the chaos for a few relaxing moments on the computer.

So what are you doing for the summer holidays?

As I am a teacher today is the first day of my holidays -/ After Christmas both my boys are going on camps with our church but they only overlap for 2 nights ggrrr anyway Craig and I will go and stay with some friends in Bundanoon (Southern Highlands for those of you North of the border). Then we all head off to Forster for 2 weeks. We have been doing this for nearly 15 years with about 12 other families. We stay in a very secluded camping ground although most of us have upgraded to cabins and we have a fantastic time surfing, playing games/cards, shopping, going to coffee shops and restaurants and there are plenty of kids to keep everyone happy - bliss! We all look forward to it all year!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Summer Holidays

Postby sandie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm

working - so i can have April off

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Due to the unscheduled cancellation of our Tokyo trip, I have halved my leave and will be back at work on the 19th. Won't be doing much really.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Summer Holidays? :(

Oh yeah.... I live in paradise... my whole life is summer holidays. :wink:

Seriously though, there is no rest for the wicked, so I won't be having real holidays for a while. I am working up till 8pm Christmas Eve, then working from Boxing day until NYEve. ..which seeing as this will be my first Kid-Free NYE for 17 years :D :D :D when I plan to partaaay at the Woodford Folk Festival ( I promise I won't inhale anything too suspect ,.... it a little Nimbin-esque ) It has brilliant music, and food all NYeve and then well into NYDay... when I plan to crash on a friends couch and sleep off the day befores excess.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm working up until Christmas eve then I'm off until Jan 5.

We are spending NYE in Sydney during the day, but we'll be bugging out of there at sundown. We will visit Della's dad's new place in Berrima (the town, not the jail) on Boxing Day, but apart from that, just taking it easy. We will be planning our US trip soon and might just make that 2010 booking for Japan (and the cheap hotel rate.)

Wishing everyone has a good one!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź