Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

2008 Christmas trees

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: 2008 Christmas trees

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:23 pm

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Look just check out all of them:
http://au.youtube.com/user/DisneyParks

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:39 pm

OK OK I promise this is the last but this one is funny:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0sk48cm ... re=related

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 pm

OK back it up a bit there Mickey head shaped cinnamon buns?
yep.... when you make them that way :D Just make up your sticky bun recipe and then put them into a texas muffin tin with a big blob for the head and two smaller blobs for the ears. bake as usual. Put the ears in first and then the head. then when they come out and are turned upside down and all the sticky sugary stuff drips off them then you ice them ... just in case you might not have a heart attack from the first bit.
wondering if I can cook them the day before and reheat them the next day.
Thats what i'm doing.
Traditional fare: rocky road - I make 2 types: macadamia & honeycomb and cookies & cream - and if I do say so myself they are the best rocky road you will ever try
Ok... drooling now. That sounds fabulous.

Loved the youtube stuff... And seriously Beth, thats an impressive collection of Disney Christmas stuff... absolutely gobsmacked by the gorgeous stuff you have in your display. Lucky girl... :D
I saw Sandie's tree last year when I stayed there for the Christmas meeting and the NMBeforeC wreath which was gorgeous.
firemans salad and for dessert a chocolate fountain (sucked in Lisa)
Yeah... whats a firemans salad? and LOVE chocolate fountains but I'm sure I'll get enough chocckie on the day to keep me satisfied... :wink: chocolate deprivation was never on the cards.
Boxing Day: Huge extended family Christmas with bbq breakfast at the beach and bbq something else for lunch!
Ok... now I'm jealous.... I'll be standing at a till repeating over and over to the old ladies in the line that stretches out to the front of the shop " do you have a Millers card... Just pop your pin in for me.... no, just the ok button, we still need your signature.... sure :evil: you can return that.....etc etc" :cry:
I spent today making 71 ginger bread people for my friends at work
I did a bit of that today too...I made Donald and Daisy gingerbread ducks though.... after working and then going into the hinterland to try out a new pub for dinner with friends.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:37 am

Ok... now I'm jealous.... I'll be standing at a till repeating over and over to the old ladies in the line that stretches out to the front of the shop " do you have a Millers card... Just pop your pin in for me.... no, just the ok button, we still need your signature.... sure :evil: you can return that.....etc etc" :cry:
Remember Lisa it is just a means to an end and hopefully that end has the word Disney in it somewhere :D

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:08 am

I'll chime in here - belatedly.

We're hosting Ros' family for christmas this year - 22 people in total :shock: (My first trip to the USA was with this family. Organising 18 people around Disneyland and to sit down dinners was a challenge).

Breakfast - Coffee and Beer! (Sad I know, but it is xmas). Every year me and a couple of other guys dress as Santa and Elves and deliver presents and lollies to the local kiddies whose parents gave them to us for delivery. We start around 8, so no time for food breakfast, and by the time we're finished at about 9:30-10am, it's about 30 degrees - and being xmas, what a better way to cool down and celebrate than with a couple of beers!

Morning tea - Whatever we can pick at while preparing lunch.

Lunch - I'll be throwing 2 chooks and 2 legs of lamb into the BBQ (2 chooks will be precooked the night before as well) while Ros puts the spuds in the oven and veges on the stove. We're not really into much fancy and enjoy a basic and simple roast for lunch. We'll also have some salad and of course, ham! I'm not sure what's planned for desert though, but I do know we're in for something special.

Afternoon tea - You're kidding right?

Dinner - Leftovers for those that are still there. Ham, salad whatever they can get for themselves.

Xmas eve will be just quick slap up, something like sausage rolls or cheese and fetta roll things that we can throw in the oven. Always have the Melbourne Carols playing in the background while busily preparing the house and presents for the next day.

Boxing Day we will be sleeping in and doing very little! Get out of bed just in time to watch the first few overs from the boxing day test in Melbourne and survey the damage from the previous day!

As a footnote, my kids are on notice, as to are my parents (if they're still kicking of course), but as soon as the kids are left home and started their own lives, we will no longer be spending many xmas' at home. I've promised myself that Ros and I will spend as many as we can in the "North". No not Qld, hemisphere. Primarily Disneyland or World, but also other places, like Yosemite or on the East Coast. That's the plan anyway .... :?
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 am

Great videos Beth. I loved the 12 pains of xmas one, very clever! Those lights in Disneyworld with the 5 million bulbs is high on my list of must do's for sure. They look magnificent.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 am

Remember Lisa it is just a means to an end and hopefully that end has the word Disney in it somewhere :D

Hell yeah.... -/ .... either that or just pay the rent.... :( ....Nah... disney. :wink:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:46 am

Anthony, should we be concerned about inebriated Santa's roaming Sydneys streets on Christmas Day? :shock: Only kidding... you probably need the dutch courage to wade through the ankle biter onslaught, right?

Beth, I LOVED your pork stories.... particularly that they are coded by date.... ( The Pork of 2006 had me in stitches..... the only thing that saved that discussion was the family context :lol: ) I can't wait to hear what wonders have been concocted for the Great Pork of 2008 to give a new and enticing flavour. :lol: :lol:
Bring on the turkey and cranberry sauce I say.

I'm especially looking forward to Christmas morning now ... a big satchel arrived for me in the post today that has a big mickey head printed on it.... I've squeezed, shaken and pondered the wonders within too much already. Its going to be hard to resist opening it before I'm supposed to :shock:

Lisa.
-/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:28 am

Anthony, should we be concerned about inebriated Santa's roaming Sydneys streets on Christmas Day?
Normally around Menangle, you would be. But on xmas day, we are responsible, and the celebratory beverage is only consumed after the santa tour of the village. We do not want children to see Santa and his elves sucking on a cold one! 8)

That package sounds exciting Lisa - you must resist the urge!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:43 am

We do not want children to see Santa and his elves sucking on a cold one! 8)
:lol: :lol:
That package sounds exciting Lisa - you must resist the urge!
Oh I'm pretty sure I'll last two more sleeps. I'm just hoping that the packaging is indicative of the contents.... knowing my sister, it will be. I can always count on there being something Disney from her. And if not... I've got it covered anyway... :wink: I'm the easiest person on my Christmas list to buy for ... so easy in fact, sometimes I buy several.... -/

Lisa. :cat:

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 am

The pork of 2008 has been quite uneventful to date but Christmas isn't over yet and I sure there will be a post mortem in the coming weeks and maybe there was something I missed! I particularly enjoyed this years pork as I got to sit next to my nephew for lunch who has just returned from a 9 mth stint in Afghanistan where pork is not high on the menu!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”