Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

2008 Christmas trees

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: 2008 Christmas trees

Postby mushu mama » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Only if you want to see a blank corner of my living room.
Ok then... go ahead... post that blank corner :D You seriously have no 'Christmas' in your living room :shock: not even one decoration? :?
Just call me Scrooge. :twisted:

Greg
:lol:

Sheesh... could have sworn I already did :twisted: But then its your avatar right? :wink:

Lisa -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

alice in wonderland
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby alice in wonderland » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:52 am

not the best photo sorry

matilda smashed our new family bauble with all of our names on it...she hit it right out of my hand

for those who were concerned by my lack of disney commitment (ie no disney first name, no disneythemed nursery)
I have no holidays planned to disney for a while....how depressing...i will just have to live through all your adventures!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 am

Fantastic shots.... :D

Sorry about your bauble.... :cry: I've lost a few over the years as well.... :roll:

I buy a decoration for each of my kids every christmas so the collection is getting pretty hefty now. I'll miss them when they take them and move.... ( oh... yeah... the kids as well :wink: )

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 am

I'm having technical difficulties, my built in card reader doesn't work, I bought a usb card reader and it worked once before splitting in 2, my computer is not recognising any photos on my new camera when I use the cable and I can't find my cable for my old camera. So you will have to continue to wait on the edge of your seats for my tree and othe decos including the Mickey wreath I made for the front door.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:03 am

Oh wow Beth... that would be giving me heart palpitations if I couldn't transfer my shots....

rest assured, I'm waiting patiently... looking forward to seeing the wreath. Sandies Nightmare before Christmas one is spectacular. Maybe that might have to be next years project for me - oooh... I'm having visions of a scrapped wreath....

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:28 am

I still am lost with this posting pictures thing. So as usual, here is a link to some pictures of our Disney tree.

http://gallery.me.com/ajplater#100087&b ... &view=grid

2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:20 am

Nice shots Anthony :D

love the Minnie Angel...

Lisa */

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Anthony, I love your Minnie angel! I think Ben would try to get at it though if we had one :)

We have two trees this year. A little five footer on our coffee table with all my breakable Disney ones on it and a seven footer in our home theatre room with unbreakable cheapo decorations. No idea where my camera is though so you won't be getting pics - sorry. We thought we'd better get my Disney ones out of Ben's reach just in case, but he isn't that interested in the back tree so we might have been right putting them up there. Better to be safe than sorry though...imagine if I had to go all the way back to DL or WDW to buy more decorations - what a nightmare that would be :wink: :lol:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Nice one Anthony!

And I've added your tree to the forum post. If you now click "EDIT" on your post, you'll see how I added your image in. :D
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks Keith. I put the original link in the Img box, but it didn't work, I see that it has been modified slightly. I've tried one myself to see if it works!

The Minnie actually lights up as well. Thankfully using batteries, so we didn't have any power conversion problems.

HEY PRESTO!

Those little mickey heads you see come out of a countdown calendar we bought. Each day has a mickey head that you take out and put on the tree (the drawers are also big enough for little chocolates as well for the kids to eat).
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Love the Tink deco too Anthony... .

and speaking of Christmas food ( well... you sort of did) I've had some interesting discussions with friends about what they eat over the Christmas break and the huge variations surprised me.

So what are your food traditions... if you have them...

I'll start the ball rolling.

Christmas Eve : we eat from scratch sausage rolls, German meat paste, Roses chocolates and as many of the Christmas cookies that we can fit in.

Christmas Breakfast: anything goes. This year, Breakfast Lasagna ( A Disneyworld recipe), croissants and fresh pinapple juice.

Brunch : Sticky Mickeys ( Mickey head shaped cinnamon buns )

Lunch : Roast Turkey with all the timmings. Pav with Strawberries.

Afternoon Tea: cheeses and crackers, cookies, Christmas Cake ( presuming we can fit any of it in)

Dinner: Picking at food cremated on a friends BBQ - The most anticipated offering being the BBQ'd dimsims... ( YUUUUM)

All liberally sprinkled with tequila.... :wink: ... well... for me anyway...

Should put on about 200 lb after all that.... :(

Lisa. -/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:32 pm

OK back it up a bit there Mickey head shaped cinnamon buns? Only today I found a recipe for Cinnamon buns which I decided I would make for breakfast on Christmas day. My husband was not in agreeance as he was looking forward to a morning without me cooking pork in the kitchen (see http://www.dudisneyana.info/forum/viewt ... =105#p8090) I'm wondering if I can cook them the day before and reheat them the next day.

Traditional fare: rocky road - I make 2 types: macadamia & honeycomb and cookies & cream - and if I do say so myself they are the best rocky road you will ever try; peanut butter dream bars (thank you Mrs Fields), coconut ice, shortbread, mocha truffles, fruitcake which someone in my family has made every year since 1973 (thank you womens weekly) and a variety of other biscuits/cookies. I'm sure we eat some fruit and vegies in there somewhere.

As I type my photos are uploading to flickr. Unfortunately I wasn't able to load my photos from my new camera so have had to use my old one and the close up photos are not very good - anyway you'll get the drift.

So my decos include a large range of Hallmark including ones that light up, move and play music (thanks to my father who is an electrician and made me a transformer); decos from the parks - annual porcelain discs, mickey heads, sorcerer's apprentice mickey, stitch; annual Christmas plates from the parks; mugs and plush Sulley from the Disney store (come back!), Dept 56 lit house and ornaments, my home-made wreath and the plush Mickey Jacob bought me this year in WDW.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneydown ... 401519593/

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Ok I will get Peter to take a tree photo when he is finsihed whatever he is doing in the w/c.

We have a big tree (and i mean big), a fibre optic tree and I have a very expensive christmas village - but we can keep that a secret right?

This year is the first year since we have been married that my mother in law is not sleeping over!!!!

So we can be more relaxed! Christnmas lunch however is always at my place for 18. So what will we eat:

Christmas Eve: I promised john KFC before we go to look at Christmas lights

Chrissy Breakfast: Tropical fruit platter

Lunch: Ham, apricot glazed pork (I hate pork but it just looks nice!), my special 4 cheese mac and cheese, stuffed potatos, firemans salad and for dessert a chocolate fountain (sucked in Lisa)

Dinner: Nothing - unless they get it themselves!

Boxing Day: Huge extended family Christmas with bbq breakfast at the beach and bbq something else for lunch!

I spent today making 71 ginger bread people for my friends at work - most of them decorated to look like the person I am giving them to. Oh and I have a chest infection and a mouth full of ulsers so unless that changes I will only be eating pineapple jelly on Christmas!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Surely you will be able to suck on a chocolate from a box of Lindt or something along those lines! What's a fireman's salad?

Oh I also left some photos off so I'm just uploading some more. Some of my photos really are very bad - sorry :(

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 pm

The Christmas spirit is alive and well at my place so I thought I shared this lovely Disney Christmas montage with you:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=EWHgQtz9kqw

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”