Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Top Three - Themings

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Top Three - Themings

Postby sandie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:36 pm

What are the top three things in a park that make you go - oh wow I can't believe how themed that is?

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Top Three - Themings

Postby KeithS » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Everything at Tokyo Disneysea (I tell you - that place is amazing...)

...but in the interest of keeping this thread interesting, I've come up with the following:

1. The dragon under the castle in Paris - why did they put a dragon under the castle? Because they could! It doesn't actually serve any other purpose except making you believe you are visiting a fantasy castle!
2. In the Main Street in Paris there is a window above the street which advertises a piano teacher - and you can hear bad piano playing from the lesson occurring inside! That's cool :)
3. The firefly lamps in a Bug's Land at DCA - there is no reason to do that - but they do and the place is all the better for it!

But there are thousands more - the temple at Indiana Jones in DL - Star Tours queue line - Jungle Cruise loading dock - I could go on but I'm only allowed three. The little things like those bug lamps are what really get me though.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 am

I'm with Keith. How do you pick just 3?! But for me (and this is all DL as it's my only park):

* The bayou at the start of Pirates of the Carribean (I can never spell that right). Everything about that just takes you away to another world in another time
* Christmas. Everything about christmas. I cannot find words that describe what Christmas in DL means and does. And I haven't seen the new additions yet (ie the snow and lights on the castle!). HMH and IASWH alone are extraordinary but the whole place just transforms into a christmas wonderland, and you never want it to end.
* I'll cheat and say that both Matterhorn and Splash Mountain are also faves. From the moment you start queuing in Matterhorn, the music, costumes of the CMs, it's all nordic and straight away you know where you're supposed to be. With Splash, well what can you say. The whole queue area begins the story even before you ride and once you're on it, the whole show, the animatronics, the music, the scenery. The theming just envelopes you into the world of the brair patch.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:51 pm

1. The telegraph in the Main St train station at Disneyland. I'm assuming that it still does Walt's opening day address in Morse code. For the 3 people in the world who can still understand Morse code that is an amazing attention to detail.

2. The odd white cobblestone in the African part of The Animal Kingdom that you would hardly notice but when you step back and have an overview they are the remaining foundations of a building.

3. The leaves and bird/animal prints embedded in the concrete "ground" throughout the Animal Kingdom. Did you know that they have the original moulds they used in case any part needs to be repaired or replaced. In fact I would have to say the Animal Kingdom as a whole just blew me away with the level of theming.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Ok mine are pre Disney Sea so they could change in the future.

1. The lobby of the Tower of Terror, Disney Studios. Especially the notice boards where the letters have fallen and spell U R Doomed.

2. Any Haunted Mansion. I love it from the Graveyard out front right through to the pet cemetry out back and the wedding ring in the concrete.

3. Splash Mountain

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:47 am

I seriously struggle with just 3 but here are the ones that leap to mind.

1. The Indy ride... from the second you walk into the gates you are immersed in Indy's world. It doesn't matter where you look, theres something to discover.
.......... And then you get to go on that amazing ride.... two thumbs up.

2. The Tower of Terror... even though it scared the living stuff out of me, from the foyer to the point where they drop you, its all brilliant.

3. Soaring..... I suppose is not as flashy as some of the other stuff, but I really enjoyed all the 'flyboy' stuff on the walls and ceilings on the way to the
ride. It always went by too fast ( I only rode it on fast passes so I generally zipped through those bits) and I'm sure I could have ridden it
a dozen more times and discovered something new each time.

But every little detail fascinates me... the more minute the better... I love realizing that I'm looking at another little bit of magic that was put there for the observant to notice.

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm

1. The Disney chocolates you get with your towel animal in your resort/cruise room.

2. The Mickey shaped plates that kids meals come on - where's the adult sized ones? This is also includes cups, serviettes etc

3. The Chinese-themed interior of the Plaza Inn HKDL - the artwork,the paper lanterns that change colour and the Mickey-shaped jellies.

....food theme here!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”