Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Top Three - Disney Moments

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Top Three - Disney Moments

Postby sandie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:19 am

So what are your top three disney memories or moments? These can be theme park related, movie related even Happy Meal related.

Sandie

p.s. I am putting my answer in a different post so that I can reach Annual Pass level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Top Three - Disney Moments

Postby sandie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 am

My top three Disney moments are:

1. On the kids first trip to WDW John was only 11 months old. We spent 30 minutes in a character greeting room with Chip and Dale and John crawling and rolling on the floor with each other.
2. When Eloise was 5 we did teh Family Magic Tour at the end she got to meet Peter Pan and ride Peter Pan with him all alone in a flying boat. She was in Love with Peter Pan at that stage and she was on cloud nine for days.
3. Peter's first trip overseas was to WDW. I had already been to Disnetyland which I adored but getting to introduce him to it was so much fun - I guess it helps we got married whilst there!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 am

Well done on the AP Sandie.

On the last trip, we were there for NYE, and we had planned to be there at gate opening, which we did (made for a long day though). As soon as we walked through the tunnell, Mary Poppins and Burt were there and they litterally grabbed our kids and just bolted. They played hide and seek with the kids, after grabbing a few more. This went on for about half an hour, we just watched and the kids had a ball. They were hiding in City Hall, the cinema, the fire station and around the railway station. For us, it was just part of the magic of it all.

On this same day the weather was dismal. It had poured rain non stop from about 10 in the morning till 7 that night. NYE was looking at risk for a while. Anyway, the xmas parade was due to start at about 3, which we had no doubt would not happen. But what they did instead, was not only surprising, but truly remarkable. Some of the main characters and cast members form the Xmas Parade were all put into the Double Decker bus and paraded along the parade route. We were taking shelter under the awning in front of the ice cream shop on main street at the time, and were amazed that not only did they continue with the parade "rain, hail or shine", but the ingenuity of how they did it. Truly a top Disney moment for us.

Again on our last trip. We had booked into the Paradise Pier for 5 nights. On arrival we were checking in and collecting all our goodies that you get when you book through Disney Travel, and just as we finished the lady informed us there was one more thing that we had to do. We had been awared that weeks Big Kahuna family! We were given laighs (as that how you spell it?) some special fast passes, a turn down service every night with chocolates, some treats and discount food vouchers, a photo frame and a photo (poor quality though). We were made feel very special for the time we were there, again that sprinking of Disney magic had been thrown our way.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Well done on the AP Sandie.
Yeah - well done Sandie (despite cheating by one message :) )

Three moments? Hmmm...

1. My first ever day in Disneyland in 2005. We had gotten off our flight in LA and were dead tired. It was about noon and we couldn't check into the hotel room yet, so we headed over the road "just to pick up our 14-day park hoppers". Listening to the music in the Esplanade I looked at Della and she was crying. We couldn't resist going in, so we went through the turnstiles and didn't leave again until the sun had gone down! I remember that day like it was yesterday.

2. Touring the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank - walking through the original Animation Building where the great features came from and knowing you were walking in the footsteps of all those talented artists from days gone by.

3. And finally a small thing that didn't even happen to us. While we were waiting for the parade in Tokyo, a little kid beside me tipped his drink over. A custodian came over and cleaned it all up for him - even using spray and wipe on the ground. He then went away and returned with a new drink for the kid. His whole family were so excited and happy, it was a really cool moment. It is those little things that people (even little kids) will remember forever and separate Disney from the others.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:32 am

Way to go Sandie!

Okay, for me....

#1 Would have to be Craig proposing to me at the Blue Bayou :D He'd never been to Disney before and had sussed out from my non-stop chatter about it the best options to propose. He told me later it was either the BB or at Snow White's Grotto, but he was too shy to do it at the grotto in case other people came around :) He also told me later that if he hadn't already decided to propose(he had the ring with him) by the time we left, when I surprised him with tickets to a Metallica concert on the plane, it would have tipped the scales :lol:

#2 On that same trip, we did the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour and it was awesome. The guide found out about our recent engagement and told EVERY cast member we encountered who congratulated us and just made us feel special. At the end of the tour, we were presented with a signed photo of the Fab Five with their congratulations on it. We also met some people on the tour that know/knew Diane Disney Miller so we got to hear a few anecdotes about her.

#3 Watching my mum cry as we were leaving DL in 2001. I'm sure you guys know what I mean since usually watching your mum cry isn't a good thing :lol: She had never been to DL before and I was determined to make sure she loved it as much as I did. She had wanted to visit DL since she was a wee girl watching the Mickey Mouse Club in her neighbour's house. The trip was wonderful and she still talks about it and going back. We're hoping we can finally convince her that spending the money to come with us in 2014 will not be too selfish and that she should do it. Anyway, I digress.....seeing that she had totally fallen for DL as we left on that last night is something I won't forget :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:12 pm

This could take me a while to decide, so I'll just post them one by one as I decide.

No.1

The moment two girls from Buena Vista came to my door in Horsham with the most huge Mickey Mouse toy I've every seen in my life ( which now resides on my bed) and told me that I had won a trip to TDL for my family . I got my mug in the local paper and the beginning of the obsession with visiting the parks to match my already well established Disney thing. I'll never forget as long as I live the feeling of telling my kids they were going to Disneyland and also to Japan. One magical moment.

Lisa. -/ -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”