Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 7 - Desk Debris.

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 7 - Desk Debris.

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Ok, well, curiosity has gotten the better of me and seeing as its a little quiet here at the moment, I thought I'd go where no sane woman has gone before....
( cue psycho shower scene music :shock: )

This is less quiz and more nosy neighbour again, :) but it was so interesting to see what people did ( or didn't have) in their cars that I thought I'd go across that line and ask what shares the space with your computer.

This is where my available space is going to take some cataloging - thanks to it being half computer space and half scrap table.

So ...lets hear it....
are those desks as tidy as the cars? we'll soon find out....

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Lisa Files Quiz No. 7 - Desk Debris.

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Okay - this one is going to be scary...and time consuming. I may have to post some pictures. Fortunately, I sort of cleaned up just recently.
Do you need to know what is on the shelves under my desk too?? Or just what is on top beside the keyboard etc...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Hell yeah... I'm nosy.... :wink:

OMG... brilliant idea.... pictures people... post pictures.... -/

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:28 pm

Home: see tonights post on "Churros countdown", my folder full of travel plans and docs, 5 travel guide books for DL, WDW and DCL, 4 trays of paperwork, computer, printer, Mickey notice board, mickey stapler, Tinkerbell paper weight and a mickey-shaped lolly pop from DL 2005 ( I wouldn't let the kids eat it when we came back and now I can't throw it out, I'll probably have to leave it until a colony of ants discover it! I can get another one!)

Work: 6 trays of paperwork, 2 shelves of paperwork, books and folders, computer, barcode scanner, label printer, telephone, 3 mugs, hole punch, sticky tape holder,this is rivetting - now it gets better, mouse pad with picture of Mickey and my boys, photo of 50th floral display at DL Mainstream Station, miniature castle, Disney daily calendar pad.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 am

Okay, as I sit here and look around...

Commonwealth Bank nameplate with my name on it.
St Christopher medal I found in a car I bought and has travelled with me everywhere.
Carved dragon chop with my name in Chinese characters and the tin of ink for stamping.
One of those green glass bankers lamps.
Silver ring in the shape of an eye of Horus.
Turkish evil eye key ring.
Letter opener with greenstone in the handle and "NZ" as part of the design.
Silver and paua shell pen and business card holder.
WDW pen.
Bluetooth dongle.
A small length of chain that kept me amused for hours standing in the cage on the ship as I twirled it around my fingers.
Small Anubis statue
Plaque saying "If there's no internet in heaven, I'm not going".
Carved stone scarab.
Model of Minas Tirith.
Swiss army knife.
Credit card bill.
First printing of a WDW book I've written.
Assorted WDW photos I've printed to colour check for the next printing.
Usual mouse, keyboard and monitor.
Tweety and Sylvester mousepad.
Empty coffee mug (Donald Duck).

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:43 pm

My desk is nowhere near that interesting. :(

My computer space is much like my car...
I've come to the conclusion that I have too much 'stuff'.

Ok... here goes...

Moving right to left...

wall - Balinese painting and leather shadow puppet. Framed beach sunrise photo taken on my birthday, 2007 & 2008.
stack of full video disks from my trip.
Printer.
container of new CD's.
Scrapbooked mini album of my kids and I at the beach.
Laptop - open and on.
7 assorted Disney character pens... all of which work.
Slick writer.
Body Shop Brazil Nut lip butter.
Keyboard/mouse and screen (with acetate butterflies along the top) and big computer box thingy that makes the whole thing go... :)
mini headphones for iTunes ( so I don't keep the kids awake in the wee hours of the day)
Mr.Potato Head.
Various cards with Mickey Mouse on them that friends/family have made for me.
Personal address book - I make all my phone calls here.
Nevalashka Doll.
stack of cardstock pages with Disney Character autographs ( preparing for scrap retreat)
tiny plastic frog that a friend brought me.
Glass fish bowl half-full with shells I've collected.
Various pieces of jewelery that should be in my room.
Stack of music CD's.
two point and shoot digital camera's.
Donald Duck Coaster from TDL with steaming hot mug of Earl Grey in my favourite new blue mug.
Lists on a huge bulldog clip - 'to do' and 'to do later' ... :wink: and the beginnings of this weeks grocery list.
two books loaned from a friend that are waiting to be read.
Stack of CD's with my burned photos from my trip.

And that people, is just the computer end of the table :shock: ... its a HUGE table though.... the top used to be a door. :)

This is the epicentre of the whole house... my haven - hence so many of my precious memory 'things' sitting around.

Lisa. -/

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Greg
This is news to me! Do tell - after all I'm sure we all want to buy a first edition! :D

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:19 pm

I have the night off, am up to date with all sorts of things and got a bit carried away and took a couple of photos of my desk. When I took the camera out of the bag I realised that the last time i used it I was in a foreign country which made that travel bug start biting again.

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Greg
This is news to me! Do tell - after all I'm sure we all want to buy a first edition! :D
Nothing much at the moment. I'm using it as a test for a book of my world trip using a self publishing crowd in the States called Blurb. You can see a preview at http://www.blurb.com/books/282755 which shows the first 15 pages. This book is just a test to see how the printed photos compare to what I see on my screen and just has a few shots and no text. More news if I finish it.

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 am

That's it. I'm not participating in this one. That study Greg is a picture of perfect tidiness compared to my brothel of a study. We'd need more server space to list what's on my desk, and it would take me days to find everything anyway, under the multiple layers!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:38 am

Just take a stab at it Anthony... Did you not wonder why I didn't post photos of my space?
I don't have a study... I have a converted garage with carpet and sloping floor, and the rest of the room looks like a scrapbooking shop ( only not as tidy right now cos I'm in full swing prep for a scrap retreat -/ and there is a lot of 'search and destroy' going on) - and as a little illustration this comment was passed by my sons girlfriend yesterday " Oh... my mum has a scrap room.... only its tidy" :shock: that girl dropped a few pegs at that point.

The bit that I did catalog was the bit with the computer on it.... which I keep relatively in order so I can work... but the other end of the table is a no mans land of scrapping paraphernalia, usb cords, books, beading projects half done, Year 10 subject choice booklets that need to be actioned (and will probably be forgotten and then done in a screaming hurry), hair 'pretties' that have been discarded on arrival home, a mountain of scrapbooking pictures that I 'borrow' and print off to use one day, and bucket loads of photos that need a new home.

go on....

lets hear it... can't be worse than mine....

Lisa. :D

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 am

It's the clever layer of dust that keeps everything pristine and in it's place, just like a giant mylar bag. :wink:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:05 am

There are some nice shots in your book Greg. It must have rained a lot when you were there.
I especially like the one with the Tink border that is all drippy.
One of my closest friends is a pro-photographer and when I called there after work yesterday we were playing with some shots with a program by picassa (?)- which I cant remember the name of right now - where you take one good shot, one under-exposed, and one over-exposed and then put it through this program that 'sandwiches' the photos together to make a more 'arty' finish that takes out all the shadows and enhances the colours... very magazine style. Some of the ones with water in particular were spectacular.
Did you use that on some of your photos? They seemed to have the same quality on some of them.... Course, it could just be my screen.

Lisa. */

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:06 pm

That combining exposures technique is called HDR (high dynamic range). I don't use it but I do play with the shots in Lightroom so they are not truly the way they were shot. At the moment I'm having a struggle to get my monitor calibrated exactly so that the prints look the way they do on screen.

That Tinkerbell one is the side of a trash can.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Only Disney would make such interesting rubbish bins :D . I took 17 photos of bins in DL - which I plan to turn into a LO over the weekend. Working title... "gettin' Trashed.... "

I've never heard of lightroom but then, until yesterday I didn't know HDR existed either. She sent me the link to download the program so I might play with some of my shots one day.

My photos look vasty different on my PC than they do on my laptop. They look way better on the laptop.
I don't bother printing at home cos my printer doesn't do scrap-suitable prints.

good luck with your book. :D

Lisa. -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”