Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Podcasts????

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Podcasts????

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:53 pm

So my IPOD should be here any day - how hard is it to put podcasts on them and how much room do podcasts take?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Podcasts????

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Now I would know the answer to that if I'd sorted mine ...but I have to admit to getting cold feet before downloading the new version of iTunes after all the scary ''lost their whole library after doing so",stories on the apple forum.
Once I get around to backing up my library... when I get around to buying a memory stick just for that purpose... then I'll have an answer for you.

Lisa :oops:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Very easy Sandie. Simply subscribe to whatever podcast you want. Do this either by clicking on the podcast button on the website or finding them through iTunes. Then simply tell your iTunes to download podcasts. You'll find this easy once you connect your iPod and start to play around. As for room, this varies. Depends if it's a video or audio cast as well as how long it goes for. But depending on how big the iPod is, shouldn't be a worry. I have a 32gb Touch and I have barely made a dent in the capacity. I have 1150 odd photos on it, 24 hours of music, a 4 minute video and a podcast.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm

And once I subscribe will it automatically download each time? Which ones are good?

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Yes once you subscribe, iTunes will automatically update when there is a new one. And on the question of which one is good, I would like to know that as well, because I went looking the other day and didn't know what to get, so it's a timely question. So anyone else who has good Disney podcasts please let us know!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Sandie I am addicted to podcasts! Here are my regulars:
Window to the magic - Paul Barrie does great where in the park games and his recent WTTM 24 - make sure you listen to them in order
Inside the magic - very well researched
WDW Radio Show - very well researched
WDW today - 3 x 20 min shows a week
Trapped on Vacation - a WDW cast member who does audio from all over Florida
Meandering Mouse - Jeff has been to Japan DL 3 times in the last 12 months and has some great audio, he also runs the Disney Podcast Network (DPN) a forum for a group of Disney podcasters
Both WDW and DL have official podcasts
NASA

I have learned so much from all these guys!

If you want old episodes you will have to click on them in itunes.

I love the video podcasts as well!

If you subscribe they will come down automatically each time you open itunes. I usually do this last thing at night so they can download overnight as some of them can be slow.

Have fun! -/

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:14 am

Another vote for Inside the Magic and Window to the Magic - ITM is my favourite. I don't really have time to listen to them much these days though. When I do get the chance, these two help me feel like I'm keeping up with Disney news :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Another vote for Inside the Magic and Window to the Magic - ITM is my favourite.
I got a mention on 2 recent episodes of WTTM :D

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 pm

I got a mention on 2 recent episodes of WTTM :D
Cool...
what was it about?

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Cool...
what was it about?

Lisa.
Nothing terribly exciting - I had entered a competition and he read out everyone's names who had entered - but I didn't win :( I remember hearing an email Gerard had sent in to WDW Today before his trip last year! Sometimes it's the small things in life that make the difference!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Sometimes it's the small things in life that make the difference!
Absolutely.... -/

Lisa. */

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 pm

So once I have listened to my Podcast how do I delete it from my iPod?

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 pm

So once I have listened to my Podcast how do I delete it from my iPod?

Sandie
Go back to itunes and uncheck it.

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 pm

I tried that and it asked me if I wanted to unsubscribe to the podcast. Do I have to go pick the podcast each time I want to download it?

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 pm

I tried that and it asked me if I wanted to unsubscribe to the podcast. Do I have to go pick the podcast each time I want to download it?

Sandie
If you click on the drop down arrow for the podcast it should list the episodes. I have certainly removed all episodes of a podcast without unsubscribing. When I open itunes each night it automatically checks for any new episodes and starts downloading them. Sometimes if it doesn't start downloading straight away I click refresh in the bottom right corner. There are a couple of podcasts e.g. WDW today that sometimes get missed so I just click on get and it starts but most of the others are automatic.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”