Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

Postby calisota » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:42 pm

One tells nothing and the other stacks the deck ... so whats it gonna be Keith... the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :wink:
Lisa. -/
I was being completely honest when I said my car was empty. I emptied it out before I went away last time so that my boarder could sell it for me but had a change of heart and emailed him not to. I haven't put anything back into it since I've been back so it is spotless, unless dust counts.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:51 pm

I was being completely honest when I said my car was empty. I emptied it out before I went away last time so that my boarder could sell it for me but had a change of heart and emailed him not to. I haven't put anything back into it since I've been back so it is spotless, unless dust counts.Greg
Ok... I take it all back... :D, I just never imagined anyones car would really be empty.
Perhaps you'd better put some stuff in it so people don't think you stole it... :D

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 pm

The condition it's in at the moment I would literally have to pay someone to take it away. :(

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:59 pm

yeah... I know the feeling... someone said to me the other day that if anything else breaks down on my car I should just fill it with topsoil and turn it into a planter pot. :lol:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:01 pm

maybe I should have asked what you all have on your desk beside the computer... then we'd have seen more clearly how far this tidy trend goes...
Yeah, not a good idea. That would solicit some ugly answers I reckon.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah, not a good idea. That would solicit some ugly answers I reckon.
OOhhh... good reaction....I might have to give that a little more serious thought.. :twisted:

Lisa. -/

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

maybe I should have asked what you all have on your desk beside the computer...
:oops: Okay - that'll be really ugly :)

Anyway - here is my car contents!!

Boot - A wheel brace and...well, that's it - nothing else. Just the wheel brace (sorry).
Rear seats - An old Bunnings catalogue. A fold up map of the South Coast. My Sydway street directory. A small nylon Australian flag. A small plastic flag pole (detached from flag). An empty plastic shopping bag. A clothes brush for removing dog hair from my work clothes.
Front seats - Nothing
Console - Lots of those car park tickets (some whole, some torn in two). Sunglasses. GPS suction cup and power cable. A packet of paracetamol (expires 2004). An unclassified government document. A Mobil service station receipt. Small maglite torch. Insect repellent. Fuses.
Glove box - Mini Yellow Pages. Bob Jane T-Mart tire service guide. Car log book. Car guide. Plastic bag with more fuses and broken tail light bulb. Some wires, but I don't know what they belong to.

You see - I think the stereotypes have been broken. Us blokes keep relatively clean and hygienic cars!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm

You see - I think the stereotypes have been broken. Us blokes keep relatively clean and hygienic cars!
Yep... as usual, you guys have thrown curve balls all over the place... very interesting indeed.

Lisa. */

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:23 am

I think the stereotypes have been broken. Us blokes keep relatively clean and hygienic cars!
I guess when you only have the brain power to concentrate on one thing at a time you never really get busy enough to mess up your car - however I am sure that Lisa, Beth and I are often going to work, dressing ourselves and kids in the car, travelling to sport, doing the grocery shopping, having me time (thats the scrap stuff) and all the other essential crap that some men think just happens because the cosmos loves them........... so our cars sometimes get a bit messy!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am

however I am sure that Lisa, Beth and I are often going to work, dressing ourselves and kids in the car, traveling to sport, doing the grocery shopping, having me time (thats the scrap stuff) and all the other essential crap that some men think just happens because the cosmos loves them........... so our cars sometimes get a bit messy!
Sandie
I'll second that and add in.... driving kids to their work and school, gym essentials ( that usually resides in my car), dropping OTHER peoples kids off places, doing a last minute 'splash and dash' at the servo, and I think we need to add grocery shopping again cos my cupboards just seem to be full and they're empty again :evil:

Although, I have to say in my defense, my car's more full than messy. :wink:

Lisa. -/

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:49 am

There isn't enough time in the world for me to list what's in our boot and backseat! A lot of toys, a lot of empty water bottles (Ben's fave toy atm), clothes, stroller, blankets, towels and Lord knows what else.

I prefer not to look and inventory. That would make me feel like I should do something about it.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Thats ok Mel...'this too shall pass'.... been there & know what that looks and feels like. I remember the mashed banana rubbed into the window and spit up down the back of the front seat ( and the febreeze that lived in the console as a result)... I remember lost rusks down the back of the seats only to be unearthed when the seat needed to be folded down. I remember the pickle from the cheeseburger 'thrown' out the window that wasn't open at the time... ( not that I condone that sort of thing) and I remember the fisticuffs that prevailed when one kid had the box of chicken crimpies and wouldn't share it with the other....

ahhh... those were the days.... :wink:

Did I mention that both my kids will be moved out of home and enjoying those wild uni years within a very short couple of years.... hehehe.... :D I'll be tuning in from a laptop somewhere out there in the big wide world shortly thereafter.... sigh.....

Lisa. -/

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Gee Lisa, you give me so much to look forward to!!! LOL

So far we haven't had food issues as Craig won't allow any food or drink in the car - it's just over a year old and has leather seats. Don't know how long that will last for though!!!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Boy, I waited until the kids were teenagers until I got leather seats - and I was still a bit unsure if it was the right move. I'd suggest Mel you get yourself a few bottle of Meguiars Leather cleaner and have it on hand all the time!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:34 pm

So far we haven't had food issues as Craig won't allow any food or drink in the car - it's just over a year old and has leather seats.
Good luck with that :wink: ( Lisa indulging in a knowing chuckle)

I have no compulsion to ever have leather seats unless I am rolling in dough and don't know what to do with all the money. I'd rather spend it on a holiday. My son on the other hand, believes them to be prerequisite for his first car.... :shock: each to his own I guess.

Lisa. :cat:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”