Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Ok, well here is installment number 6.

This one is less quiz and more nosy neighbour, but will still be a bit of fun, and give me something to analyse.

The task is simple...

go outside to your car and tell me IN DETAIL what you find there. The glovebox, the console and the boot in particular. What you have lying on the floor and what you have piled up on the back seat - right down to the embroidered cushions and bobbly headed dog on the rear parcel compartment - or back lean as it was called in my dads car(Come on admit it, you have lots of stuff you've been meaning to remove, cos my car is alway groaning with 'stuff') and if you want, I'll also post what I have in my car right at this moment.

don't leave out a lolly wrapper, a macca's bag or the Lightning McQueen toy you have racing around on the floor in the back.

Go for it... can't wait to take a peek into your vehicle. No cheating and removing or omitting stuff.... 8) And I'll tell you what your actual car (as opposed to your dream one) says about you. You might be surprised.
Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

Postby churros » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:48 pm

A sticky pen that doesn't work, business cards, a name tag, used tissues, a box of tissues, lolly wrappers, a french frie, a silver window protector, a club lock, a rag, an empty water bottle and a full bottle of oil. There is also the remains of our last beach holiday in the form of sand! Glove box - car manual, broken sunnies, dried up chamois in container, paper - I think paid bills, a rope, more pens that don't work, a bandaid. Wow this is fascinating :?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Glove Box: Michael Crawford does Disney CD, 5 Disney Classic CDs, car manual, head band

Front Seat: sun glasses, safety boots, safety vest, loose coins, work id on Disney lanyard,

Back Seat: stuff from the crop I went to today, full can of coke, full can of sprite zero, feather duster (from drama group), DUD magazine, street directory, Eloise's back pack from the other night, 4 matchbox cars, a Barbie shoe, an unopened Olympic Maccas toy

Boot: 7 new albums I picked up today (Scrapping not music!) box containing 280 ferrer rochers (gold ones) that are going in my linen press to eventually become the centrepiece for this years Christmas lunch, hair brush, comb, bag of gift bags ready to decorate for Christmas

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Now thats what I'm talking about. :D
Girls have the best car junk. Loved the barbie shoe .

Christmas? you've got to be joking.... :shock:
I have two kids birthdays to get through before I even contemplate the first bit of mistletoe hanging from my rafters....
Sheesh.... Christmas.... :roll:

How do you get so organised Sandie?
Actually, I used to be that organised... I had Chrismas well in hand by September as I recall, year after year after regimented year.... but a couple of years back my life kind of went haywire and its never been the same since... I kind of like the mayhem now.... :lol:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:01 pm

I am not actually organised for Christmas - it will get to two weeks before and while I will have lovely handmade cards, decorated gift bags and a centre piece - I will not actually have any gifts yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Oh thank God.... I feel better now ... :wink:

Lisa. -/

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:53 pm

In the back (it's a 4wd) is lots of dead leaves and the odd branch left over from trimming the hedges the other day. After not having been done for over 12 months it was a mammoth task and took many trips to get rid of everything.

In the front is...nothing.
In the glovebox is...nothing.
In the centre console is...nothing.

Which should tell you nothing about me. :D

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 pm

In the front is...nothing.
In the glovebox is...nothing.
In the centre console is...nothing.

Which should tell you nothing about me. :D Greg
On the contrary... it tells me heaps :wink:

Let me guess... you probably read the magazines at work, right? 8)

and Hey... :!: wasn't it supposed to be no omissions?

Lisa. */

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:59 pm

OK... whats in my car...

(get a cuppa, this could take a while :oops: )

I too have a 4WD so there is lots of places to put stuff.
Glove box: various fuses and wire; KFC towlettes; manual; chuppa chups; coin purse ( empty :roll: ) ; pen that works; stubby holder.
Console: Lego man that I found in the water at Kings beach; cowrie shell; 10 cents; button; turkish delight wrapper; sunscreen thats probably out of code.
floating around in the back seat: magazines (fernwood,drift battle, cosmo;scrapping) sewing machine; spring loaded window shades that never get folded up :roll: ; umbrella.
Under the seats: Brisways, maps of QLD; tissues, snatchie strap.
Back: water;oil; power steering fluid; jack; spares of all the rubber stuff in the engine; spare innertube; an old wooden packing case that holds all this stuff with a picture of a kiwi on the label; ropes; fire extinquisher; hessian bags; large plank of wood ( for using to get unbogged); tennis ball; wooden boomerang that we found while camping once upon a time; tow ball; toilet paper; foam pillow and blanket...
And all my scrapping gear from Friday night ...

phew ... I think thats it.

Lisa. :mrgreen:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 am

I really like this quiz question - but you'll have to wait for my response - I'll try and do an inventory tonight. I'll probably just photograph everything then try and decipher what's it all is...

Stay tuned!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:54 am

In order to ensure a small response and to also cheat a little, I'm going to use my little runabout to work car and not the family truckster that we use mostly and Ros drives predominantly to work.

In the glovebox of my car is the cars manual, rego papers (current), a Ferrari key ring from Shell (I use PULP in my Fiesta, makes a big difference), a self made Disneyland music CD, a self made Disneyland Parades, fireworks and Shows CD, a self made Phil Collins greatest including Tarzan and Brother Bear CD.

In the front is 3 water bottles, 2 empty and 1 partially full. A mobile phone earpiece, cord, for when the bluetooth runs out mid conversation. Grass and dust. Stacks of serviettes that my parents collecetd when they borrowed the car for a road trip north.

In the back is a golf umbrella. This is usually in the boot, but because I needed it last week, and the boot was chockas full of netball training gear, it went into the back seat. Stack of serviettes that my parents collected when they borrowed the car for that road trip. A cradle and power cord for a old HP PDA. Telstra used to use these for their field staff and I grabbed one and used it for a while. Don't use it now, but still have it and the bits and pieces.

In the boot is a blanket used to cover the back of the seats which need to fold down when the golf clubs are put in. A plastic moulding from the side of the car that fell off recently and I haven't put back on yet.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 am

Whats with all you boys cheating? :shock:

One tells nothing and the other stacks the deck ... so whats it gonna be Keith... the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :wink:

And I KNOW you guys have food wrappers in those cars... Blokes ALWAYS do. :wink:

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 am

Now I'm prepared to argue that fact. If I was to correlate the contents of the Territory, then food wrappers would be prominent in front, rear and boot section. BUT! These were all placed by the ladies and not the sole gentleman. If fact the gentleman is the one who removes said wrappers (sometimes anyway, OK then, only when I get really fed up with them. Oh alright, I get the kids to do it). But I do continuously ask that useless bits of paper and food wrappers are not stored in the car.

However I am guilty of leaving an empty onion rings box from BK in there recently for 2 weeks, but I did remove it.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 pm

so whats it gonna be Keith... the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :wink:

And I KNOW you guys have food wrappers in those cars... Blokes ALWAYS do. :wink:
It'll be the truth - but unfortunately, you may be a little disappointed. I'm fairly sure there is no food packets in my car either!!

My centre console and glove box could be interesting - I have no idea what is in there - but the boot is fairly clean (I think) as is the back seat. Of course, it has been a long time (if ever) since I've been in the back of my car, so there is a chance I've thrown something back there and forgotten about it - we'll see sometime this evening!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm

It'll be the truth - but unfortunately, you may be a little disappointed. I'm fairly sure there is no food packets in my car either!!
Seriously?

thats amazing... its looking like only the girls leave wrappers in the car on this forum. Maybe its only Victorian blokes that always seem to have a big mac wrapper or empty packet of chicken chips floating around in the car.
Wonders will never cease... :shock:
Oh... I think I get it... its the sanctity of the CAR! maybe I should have asked what you all have on your desk beside the computer... then we'd have seen more clearly how far this tidy trend goes... :wink:

Lisa. :D

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”