Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Lisa Files Quiz No. 6 - Glove box, console, and boot...

Postby churros » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Sometimes I feel like I live in my car, sometimes it looks like it too! But it is also one of the few places that I get to have sometime to myself (the other place is the toilet and they go crook at me when I lock the door :shock: )

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:05 am

(the other place is the toilet and they go crook at me when I lock the door :shock: )
I laughed my head off when I read that...

Mine go crook because I never lock the door ( I'm the only one that doesn't ) I have an ensuite.... :wink:

But back in the day when I had to share a loo with the rest of the jungle animals, I often didn't even bother to shut the door... :lol:
I come from a petticoat government family of non-door shutters... not sure who designed our homestead but we had to walk through the library to get to the lav.... odd huh? :?

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 am

Boy, I waited until the kids were teenagers until I got leather seats - and I was still a bit unsure if it was the right move. I'd suggest Mel you get yourself a few bottle of Meguiars Leather cleaner and have it on hand all the time!
They're only half-leather - does that make a difference?
Sometimes I feel like I live in my car, sometimes it looks like it too! But it is also one of the few places that I get to have sometime to myself (the other place is the toilet and they go crook at me when I lock the door :shock: )
You get to be on your own in the loo? I remember those days....before Ben could walk. Sounds like heaven to me :lol:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am

You get to be on your own in the loo? I remember those days....before Ben could walk. Sounds like heaven to me
Why is it your kids leave you alone til you are either on the phone or the toilet and then they urgently need to spend time with you?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm

Why is it your kids leave you alone til you are either on the phone or the toilet and then they urgently need to spend time with you?Sandie
its hardwired into their brains at conception. I'm sure of it.

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:24 pm

In answer to a now missing post, seeing as I have Friday night scrap tonight, the verdict on your cars interiors might have to wait until either after work tomorrow or perhaps my day off on Sunday.
Rest assured its still on the way... I'm looking forward to discussing the state of your interiors.... :wink:

Lisa. -/

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Better late than never I guess.....

This analysis is going to be short and sweet, considering it really doesn't need much deciphering.
All I'm going to say is that the girls seem more prepared for any eventuality than the boys with the only mention of spare oil, water, transmission fluid, and jacks being in the girls cars and not the boys.
The boys however have pristine show piece cars it would seem as opposed to the girls who struggle with many varied bodies that have to be carted here or there and that generally has some debris associated with it.

A very interesting exercise. :D

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:43 am

You know it's funny that I didn't mention the spare tyre and jack, only because I consider them as part of the car and not part of the contents.
that the girls seem more prepared for any eventuality than the boys
I think this goes for life in general doesn't it? In particular in relation to packing!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:08 am

Does that mean that boys are optimists by nature and girls are pessimists?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Nope... girls are the original optimists... we might have the stuff to fix a car, but not many of us know how to do it. The optimistic bit is that in the back of our minds is the possibility that some Knight in shining armour is going to see us in peril and materialise to fix stuff.

Lisa. :cat:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:33 am

Knight in shining armour is going to see us in peril and materialise to fix stuff
and?????????????

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:04 am

Well, I don't know that bit... I've never been stranded with car issues that need fixing by said knight in shining armour.
Sounds good though don't you think?

I imagine the car gets fixed and they drive off into the sunset and live happily ever after...

There are no rules in a Fairy Tale... :wink:

Lisa. -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”