Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Free WiFi hotspots

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Free WiFi hotspots

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:39 am

Just thought I'd share this link that was given to me this morning on another site.
It's a listing of free wifi hotspots in airports, hotels, cafes etc around the world but with particular attention to the US. It has a state by state listing as well as international spots.
I was blown away by how many free wifi spots there are in Australia - I thought most places here were pay only.

I thought seeing as we were all talking about being 'world travelers' this might be a handy thing to know.

http://www.wififreespot.com/

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Free WiFi hotspots

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 am

What would be handy is a point by point explanation of how this all works so I can decide whether to buy a lap top before we go away next year - imagine spending $2000 just so I can blog with you guys!

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 am

What would be handy is a point by point explanation of how this all works so I can decide whether to buy a lap top before we go away next year - imagine spending $2000 just so I can blog with you guys!

Sandie
This is my dilemma too Sandie. I definitely won't be taking a laptop and while there is internet access on the cruise I haven't seen WDW or DLR advertise internet use only byo.

And I think it would be an unanimous vote by all participants of the forum that we are well and truely worth spending $2000 on! I mean if we can't be in the park then we have to live vicariously! You can't just run out on us and do a Sunny Bill :lol:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:51 am

I don't think I'd want to travel without my laptop now. On my wish list is a wireless card so I can use it anywhere.
My laptop is pretty big but I didn't find it annoying to lug around... there are pros and cons.. something that tipped the scales for me was the photo editing, video programs that came with it. I'm still finding wizz bang things it can do and I've had 6 months.

There are much smaller ones out there that are just fine for blogging and emailing - depends what you want it for. I wanted to be able to dump my photos daily onto the laptop so I made sure it had the capacity. Then I could burn them as I go myself to safeguard them from any mishaps(theoretically - I didn't end up doing it last time but now that I have it down pat, would definitely do it).

I hope you do... I want to hear every last detail... that goes for you too Beth. :D

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 pm

You can't just run out on us and do a Sunny Bill
Isn't it more a case of Sunny Bill doing a Lisa? Lisa did Anthony Mundine make you trick us?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Isn't it more a case of Sunny Bill doing a Lisa? Lisa did Anthony Mundine make you trick us?Sandie
Huh?

First of all, I had to google Sunny Bill who turned out to be Sonny Bill Williams I imagine. I had to google it because obviously rugby union doesn't filter into my little bubble of work, scrapping and Disney, and clearly I'm living under a rock not having heard anything about this.

Let me tell you though, if someone offered me $3mill to play union, I'd damn well have a good go at it. :wink: I might be a little short though... and a little less... lumpy.... and maybe a little more intelligent... And entirely less tattooed. I just don't get the whole 'sleeve' thing... wonder what happens when the phase passes and they have and entire arm of tattooed stuff...

Anyway, I digress.

And Anthony Mundine? again... huh? I detest that man. :evil:

And I tricked you?

Lisa. */

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:17 am

OK Lisa as you now know SBW did a runner from the Bulldogs mid-contract (5 years) to France for a more lucrative deal (1 year). The Bulldogs have been trying to subpeona him to appear in court but he has been sucessfully side stepping the chappy trying to serve papers. It is believed that this little disappearing trick has been orchestrated by Mundine. So the question is did Anthony Mundine also orchestra your secret trip to the States? I think not because he hasn't been on the forum blowing his own trumpet!

Just venting now - SBW says he is a leader in player rights and this is all about the money and salary capping. So he is really sticking it to his club, his team and his fans! Nice guy ! Hope that French thing works out for him because he may not be as popular here on his return! Not that I care!

I have no idea what this has to do with WiFi hotspots. Hasn't anyone else noticed our tendency to digress?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:33 am

OOOhhhh... now I understand. Thanks Beth :D

Nope, believe me, if Mundine came within cooee of here, I'd be hiding. Why does the word 'unhinged' spring to mind when ever that name gets brought up?

I can assure you, I did all my own planning ( or non-planning as the case may be :wink: )

Lisa. */

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Hasn't anyone else noticed our tendency to digress?
Yep! -/
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Yeah ....but tangents are fun. -/

Lisa. */

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”