Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Google Map

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Google Map

Postby sandie » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:31 am

I thought you might have done it just for fun as it said it had been altered by ScrappinSandie
Ok well just for fun I am going to move all your markers to Siberia!!!! Thanks for the idea!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:33 am

Ok well just for fun I am going to move all your markers to Siberia!!!! Thanks for the idea!Sandie
hehee... :lol:

And that right there is why I like you... we share the same sense of mischief... :wink:

Lisa. -/ :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am

I have the flu after listen to Peter and John complaining for the last two weeks with the flu - so I am feeling that a little mischeif will liven up my day!

Maybe a new game - Sandie hides a marker each day and you have to find it!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:19 am

Is anyone else having issues with our map?

If I go there and am not logged on, I can see all our markers as you would expect.
However, if I visit the map and am logged on, I get two DUD maps as a choice in the top section and nothing in the section that should say where we've been, and the markers don't load and I can't access anything. :(

Any ideas? :?

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:03 am

Just had a look and it all works fine for me. All the markers are there and if I click edit I can add markers. Can't explain any problem you may be having but to be honest I've never really had a good play with google maps.

On a slightly related topic...has anyone put their own address into google maps and then clicked on the street view button to see if they can see themselves?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:29 am

Of course - but we are not visible!!!!!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:41 am

On a slightly related topic...has anyone put their own address into google maps and then clicked on the street view button to see if they can see themselves?
Yep done that. Ros is standing out the side of the house next to our bins when the images were taken, which was a bizarre thing to see.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Can't explain any problem you may be having but to be honest I've never really had a good play with google maps.
Oh well, thanks for looking. Good thing I've put all my markers there cos I still can't do anything when I'm logged in.
Greg
Lots of my friends have been talking about this, but I hadn't had a look at my place until about 10 minutes ago. Must have been taken a while ago cos Zach's car isn't under the carport... mine is, and no sign of any of us. I'd heard on the radio that lots of cheating spouses had been caught out with their cars in driveways they shouldn't have been with this handy dandy little tool on Google maps. :wink:

Lisa. -/

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:14 am

I'd heard on the radio that lots of cheating spouses had been caught out with their cars in driveways they shouldn't have been with this handy dandy little tool on Google maps. :wink:

Lisa. -/
I don't get this though - wouldn't you need to know where to look for their car in the first place?

Our house looks a mess. It was just after we had our roller shutters put on and before we did our front garden - yuk!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 am

I don't get this though - wouldn't you need to know where to look for their car in the first place?
hehee.... never underestimate the detective nouse of a woman that suspects she's being cheated on. And I guess it comes down to how often that car is 'in the wrong driveway'. From what I heard, some infidelity was discovered way after it was long over anyway... oops.. guess who's got some explaining to do... :wink:

Lisa. -/

PS: and I would like to point out that with this post, I have officially hit the front of the posting pack as it were, with a grand total of 1209 posts ... With Keith and then Sandie currently in silver and bronze positions.... hehehe.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So that either means I talk too much or you guys aren't talking enough. :wink:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Both my cars are in the driveway, but no people can be seen. Fortunately, the photo looks like it was taken the same day we cut the lawn, so the house is looking pretty good! Otherwise, the grass would have been a complete mess, given the length of time between cuts!
So that either means I talk too much or you guys aren't talking enough.
I've been tied up a bit lately, so I haven't spent as much time here as I used to. I also used to begin a lot of posts in the old days, just to spur conversation on the website and get people involved, but I don't have to do that anymore as the forum now has a life of its own with all you guys joining in the fun!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 pm

I've finally gotten around to putting all my markers on the map. We may have to sponsor someone on a trip to South America so we can fill in the big blank space there.

Greg

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:29 pm

I've finally gotten around to putting all my markers on the map. We may have to sponsor someone on a trip to South America so we can fill in the big blank space there.

Greg
Oh, and Russia as well, if we have a volunteer to explore Siberia.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 am

Greg
Well, Sandie was going to put all my markers there not that long ago so might as well send me. Just give me a minute to dig out my Bridget Jones thermals and the camera.
Make it a round the world ticket and I'll finish in South America... :wink:

I still can't access the edit page so even if I had more markers I could put there, I cant... :cry:

Lisa.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 am

Pick me! That's on my list of must see places, well Russia anyway, so I'll have a marker there, in about 20 years if Google's still going .....
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”