Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

MY Last Trip........

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: MY Last Trip........

Postby Mel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Discovery Cove sounds awesome!

Boy do I really want to go back to WDW. It's already been six years since I was last there :( And another six until I make it back :( On the bright side, so much will have changed since then :)
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 pm

[

The kids and I went on Atlantis before we headed over to Shamu Stadium to see the big guy.
I saw a YouTube video recently where in the middle of the Shamu show a pelican landed on the water and to the great horror of all those watching the 2 killer whale began to rip it to shreds and no amount of banging on the side of the pool by the trainers would divert them. Now that's green!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:27 pm

or um.... red?

Can't fight mother nature... :)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Back when I had a season pass to Dreamworld I used to go out all the time just to sit and have a cup of tea and watch the tigers. According to one of the keepers it's not uncommon for birds to dive bomb the tigers to annoy them. The tigers are patient though and as soon as the bird gets a bit too ambitious it becomes tiger food.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Wicked... :twisted:

oops.... shouldn't say that I guess... :oops:

But really, its just a little like watching a live 'safari special' on the TV...
Just cos they're captive, doesn't beat instinct out of them.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 am

Yeah I've heard that on the safari in Animal Kingdom if the driver sees an alligator licking his lips at a pre-occupied ibis or whatever that they put their foot on the accelerator! Obviously nature in the raw is unDisney - mind you how many Disney movies bump off an animal? That's one of the reasons I hated Sunday nights when that pixie landed on Adventureland because you knew something would die! Nothing ever died in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:39 am

:lol: :lol:

I don't have that recollection about WWODisney... I guess being a farm girl it probably didn't even register and doesn't faze me in the slightest ... unless I'm the proposed dinner... :shock:

I just have fond memories of Walt telling me ( cos lets face it, its was me he was talking to right?) all about his wonderful land and the rest of the big wide world...

Hey.... :? its all starting to make sense.... its all Walt's fault.... no wonder I want to see it all.... :wink:

Lisa. -/

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 pm

29th August – Disney Studios and Epcot

This morning started a little bit later than normal as we all felt the need to catch up on some sleep. We had fruit in the room for breakfast and we were on a bus to the Studios by 10.30. I really like the Studios and just walking up to the entry gates makes me happy. We decided that our first stop of the day would be Star Tours. John loves Star Wars and he loved this ride. The others decided to go on again but I sat it out as I was starting to feel a bit sick. Next stop Muppets 4D. I love the muppets and am disappointed that my kids seem to have grown up without connecting with them.

The kids were desperate to go on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground so we headed in that direction. The best part about travelling now they are a bit older is the freedom we get. Peter and I felt no need to follow them into the playground. We staked out a table near the exit and grabbed some cold drinks and a chocolate chip cookie to share. The plan was to just eat a bit of the cookie and save the rest for the kids. 2 minutes later we looked down and the cookie was gone. Opps. Peter went and bought another one. This time we managed to save a small bit for the kids!

Next we headed back to the Great Movie Ride and visited some of my favourite movies. We were starting to get hungry so we headed to the ABC Commisionary and had a mixture of stir fries and asian noodles for lunch. Now that our stomaches were full we decided to mix it all up on Rock and Roller Coaster. Before we got on I used our tickets to get 4 fast passes to Tower of Terror so Eloise and I could go on twice each.

The Rock and Roller Coaster line was quite long and it turned out our lunch had time to settle before we had our ride. We all enjoyed ourselves on what would turn out to be our last ride this trip. We started heading out of the park spending some time browsing in the shops. Once we exited we headed away from the bus stop and instead made our way over to the wharf to catch a boat to EPCOT. The boat ride is a very relaxing way to travel between the parks. You make short stops at the Yacht and Beach Clubs and the Swan and arrive at the International Gateway 30 minutes after you left the Studios. I do not think you could drive there that quickly!

We headed over to the Land and lined up for Soaring. After flying over California we took a ride on Living with the Land. As we were heading out we noticed it was pouring rain! Not a surprise really. Every time we entered The Land on this trip we would come out to pouring rain. It was uncanny!

We still had time until dinner so we headed for Test Track and lined up in the single riders line. Another perk of the kids being older. As long as Peter and I went in front and behind them in the line we could trust them to behave on the attraction and not get in trouble. We also had a walk through Innoventions and made some plastic robots and played some games.

We had dinner reservations at the Rose and Crown so we started walking over. We were seated straight away on the verandah. The waitress came to take our drinks and I was telling her how sick I was of water and soft drink. She suggested I have a pineapple henry. What is a pineapple henry? Its half pineapple juice and half sprite. I got this and it was my new favourite drink. For dinner Peter had a salad, fish and chips and toffee pudding with ice cream. I had potato and leek soup., bangers and mash and the toffee pudding. Eloise had a cheese and fruit platter, fish and chips and the toffee pudding while poor John got macaroni and beef and a bowl of ice cream. We finished about eight o’clock and Peter wanted to check his email and the kids wanted to swim so we headed out of the park – we had special seating for Illuminations tomorrow night so we could save that for then. Peter dropped us off at the room and supervised the kids and did some laundry. Peter got back about three hours later – it seems the call of Walmart had been too strong. He spent the rest of the night trying to convince me that it was a good idea for him to buy tyres and post them home.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 am

He spent the rest of the night trying to convince me that it was a good idea for him to buy tyres and post them home.
Your budgeting techniques are becoming alot more understandable the further into this trip you go.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:01 am

Because we don't have tyres here? :shock:

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Because we don't have tyres here? :shock:

Greg
And I was worried about the frivolousness of posting a tripod home!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Because we don't have tyres here?
We just bought 4 tyres for the Super Bee at a price of $400 each. The same tyres, exactly the same, in the US are $80!

But postage is a killer!

Sandie

Wendy
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Wendy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:53 pm

So these tyres are obviously Peter’s Fathers Day present for next week.

My husband has asked for a new car for Fathers Day. And he was very serious when he asked me.

Is he getting a new car?

Noooooooo.
Wendy

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 pm

No they are not his Fathers Day present anymore than my new Cricut was my birthday present!!!!! The car is his hobby so he spends what he wants on it but to be fair to him he is very controlled in his spending most of the time.

Apologies if anyone was waiting for a trip update today or tomorrow but my memory stick got left at work so you will have to have a three day hit on Monday!!!!

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Apologies if anyone was waiting for a trip update today or tomorrow but my memory stick got left at work so you will have to have a three day hit on Monday!!!!

Sandie
:shock: :cry:

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”