Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What are you doing on a Saturday night?

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What are you doing on a Saturday night?

Postby churros » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Trying to learn how to use my new MacBook Pro. It has been about 5 years since I had a Mac and they have changed a little!

Also trying not to listen to the teen- angst. 16 yr old had a female friend over for several hours today and now has a mate over who he is debriefing with. Ugh! I wouldn't want to be back there again!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

After a fantastic day at a friends place watching the Grand Final on the Plasma through the glass walls from their pool, coming home hoarse because I had to urge Geelong over the line rather vocally ( -/ -/ -/ ), I am going to crash within the next couple of hours and sleep off the chlorine-induced exhaustion.

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:01 pm

I was taking the credit for getting Geelong over the line thanks Lisa! :lol:

We went to see Up in 3D this morning, with lunch thrown in (I've already mentioned how I loved Gold Class in the Up thread). Then mum and dad, who were looking after the boys for us, stayed for the Grand Final. We had munchies and drinkies so both Craig and I are feeling rather exhausted tonight. He's watching the 'other' footy now and I'll probably read a bit of the new Dan Brown book before calling it an early night if the boys allow.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 pm

I was taking the credit for getting Geelong over the line thanks Lisa! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thats ok, you can have the credit... I'm just happy they won :wink: They're not even my team ( I'm a big Brisbane fan) but my daughter ( and her grandfather before her) are HUGE Geelong fans so I was just lending a hand seeing as my team have to wait till next year for another shot :cry:

Great game huh? I was immersed in AFL my entire childhood so I have a lot to say when I watch a game. :wink:

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:17 am

Well now that the pretend game is over, we can now all focus on the real game. GO THE MIGHTY EELS!!!!!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 am

Eels? Eels? who are they when they are at home? :D

I did see on FB that you shook one by the hand ajp... good for you (I'm presuming that is a good thing) , but have to ask, was it slimey? :wink: Were you electrified?

Lisa. */

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 am

oooh, ooh.... just thought of something...

Slimey yet satisfying? Am I right? Am I right? :wink: ( and you know thats a Disney quote right?) :lol:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 am

I didn't even realise it was the AFL Grand Final yesterday :oops: - shows how much interest I had! I was over at Della's place in the afternoon doing more photo sorting before we headed off to see Up in the evening.

However, I did go to the rugby league preliminary final on Friday night to watch the Eels beat the Bulldogs - what an awesome atmosphere that was! The crowd was so loud that I could feel pressure waves in my ears - totally awesome! I'm a Penrith supporter so in their absence I had to back the Eels. Can't wait for next weekend when the real grand final comes along (followed by Bathurst the week after! I love this time of year!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:39 am

oooh, ooh.... just thought of something...

Slimey yet satisfying? Am I right? Am I right? :wink: ( and you know thats a Disney quote right?) :lol:
I believe that's The Lion King... pumbaa? Or Timon? I'm thinking Pumbaa

Lisa, I'm a huge AFL fan too. My dad played in the local league here in Sydney as a teen and in his early 20s so we kinda grew up watching AFL rather than League. I was always the weirdo at school because of it :lol: I played myself in my early 20s just as the Sydney Women's League started up. It was SO much fun, although a wee bit painful at times (fractured my leg in the grand final - but kept playing :shock: - in my defense, I didn't know my leg was fractured until the following day).

I've been a Swans member for ages and my Swans fanatasism (is that a word?) used to be equal to that of Disney, but Disney has slowly won over as I've gotten older. Anyway, geez I can rattle on! Yes, yesterday's game was a good one. I was cheering on Geelong because I haven't forgiven Saints fans for their ridiculous cockiness leading into the 05 prelim final. It was difficult though, I also have a bit of a grudge against Geelong fans after a nasty incident at Kardinia Park in 1997 or 1998 when a friend and I were down there for a game. Ahhh, those were the days :lol:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

I was thinking it was Timon but I might have to watch it again to check.

Like you Mel, I had a steady diet of AFL growing up, the other kinds of football just didn't have a following then. My Dad played for years and then was the president of the club for as long as I can remember. My mum was the president of the 'wives/girlfriends' brigade that did all the fundraising and supplied the afternoon teas and ran the tuck shop for the same amount of time. EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY was spent at the field. I especially loved it in my teens :wink: also, I've yet to meet a bloke that can best me at hand ball... I never lose. And I can still do a mean drop kick. Love me footie. -/ its amazed me to notice how AFL has grown in popularity in QLD over the nearly three years since I moved up here. And for the record, if theres a team to 'not like' for me, its Carlton ( Boo Hiss).

Oh yeah... this is a Disney forum right? :wink:

Lisa. */

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Oh yeah... this is a Disney forum right? :wink:

Lisa. */
It's alright Lisa this is the Disney free thread!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Phew! :lol:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 am

However, I did go to the rugby league preliminary final on Friday night to watch the Eels beat the Bulldogs
I was there too Keith. Absolutely awesome! I was 2 seats away from Peter Mortimer, and as Lisa alluded too, I shook his hand after the game and thanked him for allowing his boy genius son for playing with Parra and not those aweful Dogs. For those of you playing at home, Peter Mortimer is a Canterbury Bulldogs legend having won 4 premierships with them, and his 2 brothers Steve and Chris were part of a Bulldogs dynasty. So to have the son of a Dogs legend playing for the Eels is huge! His little brother also plays for the Eels in the lower grades, look out for him. But whatever happens now, The Eels who really should have been close to the wooden sppon, ARE IN THE GRAND FINAL!!!!!! GO THE EELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How good does it get though, One weekend get to watch the might Eels in a Grand Final, the following weekend, Bathurst and hopefully the number 17 of Steve Johnsona nd James Courtney can get a win (Frosty and Richo would be alright too, but unlikely).

So to stay on topic, on Saturday night I was glued to the teev watching Melbourne Storm have a practice game against the Broncos. They were pathetc. I was cheering for the broncs, becasue I knew that Parra would smash them, but never mind, we need to smash the Storm now. :wink:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I avoided football (except for selling the grand final tickets we no longer needed! Damn Dragons choked again) and went over Beth's way to see Miranda Musical Societies version of The Secret Garden.

At least one board member has some culture :wink:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Yes I have avoided mentioning the demise of the Dragons, because I know the pain and realise that the men in your household would be still in mourning.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”