Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The Lisa Files Quiz No. 3 - Picture This...

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The Lisa Files Quiz No. 3 - Picture This...

Postby KeithS » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:59 pm

So Princess Bride gets my tick of approval.
Not as good as 'Ever After' or 'Lady Hawke' though... they take some beating.
Yay - good on you Lisa :)

Sandie - I think that is one of the best interventions (only intervention) I've ever been involved in. There was Lisa with an identified problem (never seen TPB) - so we ganged together - pointed out the errors of her ways - and have a successful convert! High-fives all around :)

Now Anthony - your turn :D

And Lisa - yep, Lady Hawke is cool too! I've never seen Ever After...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:04 pm

I've never seen Ever After...
Its not to my liking but it is very Princessy so you may love it!

Sitting here watching Love Actually - its one of my favorite movies - the stand in actors are classic.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:21 pm

I've never seen Ever After...
Oh My God....

You've never seen Ever After? :shock:

I think another intervention is in order. :shock:
Its my all time favourite movie... bar none.
It has everything,.... sumptuous costuming; chivalry by the bucketload( call me old fashioned but Chivalry = romantic) a wicked wicked step mother and equally wicked step sister; REAL castles; witty repartee; a gutsy but still lovely heroine and the most goregous prince this side of Happily Ever After. There's a cameo by Leonardo Da Vinci and a suitably happy Cinderelly type of ending.

whats not to love?

That one gets a real work out in my house - but its just me that watches it.

Keith... you must watch it.

"Breathe..... just Breathe".... my favourite line in my favourite scene. Now that one, I could quote you almost the entire script verbatim.

LOVE IT!
Lisa. :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Now I've seen Ever After, and whilst I enjoyed it, I thought Drew Barrymore was little bit whiney in it. Now another one is Ella Enchanted. That's a funny story-line and I love the Bollywood style ending. I'm a bit of a fan of Anne Hathaway anyway, but it is a good movie. Princess Bride will be added to the list of must sees, but I do not have the luxury of being able to allocate much time to it at the moment.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:34 pm

I reckon we should get back on topic. Lisa, surely it's time to be psycho analysed on this one!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:19 am

Ahh... such willing guinea pigs.... oops... I mean participants.

yep... I think its time.... :twisted:
unfortunately its going to have to wait now till after work tomorrow. .... :(

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:53 am

You've never seen Ever After? :shock:

I think another intervention is in order. :shock:
Its my all time favourite movie... bar none.
Wow - there is a reaction I didn't expect. I never realised I was missing anything - it didn't seem to have the cult following that Princess Bride has (forgive me Lisa - you've proved that assumption wrong!)

I think Della has a copy - if I can find it, I'll watch it over the coming week or so.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Wow - there is a reaction I didn't expect.
I know a lot of people like it... I just happen to love it thats all. Its a mushy girl thing :D

Lisa.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Ok... here it comes... the verdict. (grab a coffee... this is a long one)

First off... you guys are first rate story thinker-uper-er's :D
I chuckled at each and every one of them.

This quiz was designed to show your predilection to pessimism or optimism.
The soup incident:
I found it fascinating that each one of you saw the soup spillage as a result of either infidelity, argument or.... infidelity. :shock:
What about an accidental waiter mishap? what about an elbow-in-the-soup scenario? lots of ways that it could have happened without you having upset your significant other. Interesting indeed.
Want to know what my answer was? (which I did before all of you by the way... in the magazine)
I was sitting at a little street cafe (for want of a better name) in China and the chicken and corn soup I'd ordered had just arrived and the steaming bowl placed in front of me, ( no I wasn't picking out eyeballs from the bowl :wink: )it was so hot that it burned my mouth and I jumped and knocked the bowl into my lap. And then laughed.....

ok...

Running down the street with a ladder....

Boys... boys.... boys.... (Lisa shaking her head) :?
all of you were using this tool for self gratification. :) Illegal entry to the V8 supercar finals... and then Anthony compounded it by suggesting where it would be best placed to scale the wall. (and you started out so well... only wanting to beat the bloke to a pulp that put it through your windscreen - understandable, you were upset for your family... and that was the closest to the noble things that the ladder was meant for.... )
And Beagle Boy, pantyhose wearing Greg... where do I begin? :) imaginative... I'll give you that. I hope they were notes in the bag instead of just coin....
Now the girls...
I liked your suggestion Mel... protection... another close to the intended use of the ladder.
And Sandie... Aiding and abetting plunging to significant other's death. ... nice touch..... :lol: ( but its duly noted that you revived him in the end and had your happy - if not stinky - ending)

I'd like to say I was saving a cat from a tree... but my first thought was more like a spy movie.
There was a notable absence of knights in shining armour saving the day ... Rapunzel is in trouble if its up the DUD to rescue her. :lol:

The bunch of flowers....
Well, Mel gave the predicted girl response.... a big bunch coming your way... we all want that, right?... even if we say we dont ( note that down boys)
Sandie... you gave the classic pessimistic response... a funeral.
text book cases.

Now the boys.... :)
two of you also gave text book responses.... Keith with his classic 'sorry' bunch of flowers, and Anthony, while the motivation was commendable.. you lost points for never repeating the surprise bunch - one bunch is never enough. Keith... like I said earlier... your handy dandy use of links was funny... so you get equal footing with Anthony.

Now Greg... must be an optimist with an answer like that... :twisted: Very amusing though.... probably the most imaginative answer for the quiz. I was just impressed that a bloke knew the difference between the two flowers.

And my bunch of flowers... I'd picked a bunch of daisies and was walking home down a quiet country lane, absentmindedly plucking petals one by one.

Another one coming soon.... if the last few are anything to go by, I'm sure we'll all get a giggle.

You guys rock... :D

Lisa.... -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”