Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

The next trip....

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

The next trip....

Postby mushu mama » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 pm

I've only been home such a short time and despite all the other 'stuff' that makes up my real life... I've given quite a lot of thought (mostly when I am sitting on planes) to the 'next trip'.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here that lives for the next trip, so I was wondering where everyones 'next trip' is likely to be ( taking into account that the best laid plans are often changed) be it Disney or otherwise.

I'll start the ball rolling.....

Next Disney trip : Tokyo or Hong Kong. If I had the money ( which I probably won't) it'd be Paris or the Disney Cruise.

Next trip with my kids: Cruise Hawaii

Next grown-up only trip other than Disney: short listed - South America/US, Russia or Spain.

Naturally I won't be doing all of these in quick succession, but the next time, I'll do a little more forward planning - especially seeing as there will be language barriers involved.

or am I the only one that does this? :shock:

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: The next trip....

Postby Mel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:29 am

Definitely not the only one who does this!

I'm trying to talk my husband into taking the kids to Japan in 2010. The boy will be 3 and the baby will be around 14/15 months so I'm selling him on the fact that we won't have to pay for accommodation or park tickets for either of them and only 15% airfare for the baby. I work on it daily! :)

After that, we have a big trip planned for 2014. We have a term deposit set up for our savings account so we can take all (hopefully three by then) kids to WDW and DL. A week in DL, a fortnight at WDW staying at the Poly and something else - maybe the Grand Canyon or something as well. We should have free flights by then for all five of us, so that will help with costs too. The boy will be SEVEN by then :shock: which is frightening!

That's all so far. Since we only have a baby and another on the way, we don't have any adults only holidays planned for the forseeable future. That will have to wait a while I think.

Geez I need a Disney fix!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:32 am

Hmm, good discussion point Lisa. We were the same with our last trip, although unfortunately we didn't wait until we were on the plane. But the sad reality kicked in once touching down in Sydney that things wouldn't be as easy as first planned. But anyway ...

Next Disney trip : Currently planning a Tokyo and/or Hong Kong. I'm doing the numbers on it anyway. Doing both together is our preference at this stage. The WDW/Cruise trip is still in long term planning mode though.

Next trip with my kids: We don't plan trips without the kids (not at the moment anyway). Even for future trips when they're older and (hopefully) left home, we say they're welcome to come as long as they pay their own way.

Next grown-up only trip other than Disney: Canada and Alaska including a cruise as well as the East Coast USA. Russia and Baltic States are also places I would love to visit too.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:11 pm

2009 - The Surprise
2011 - Week in DL, Christmas in NY with friends and then 3.5 weeks in Orlando

Adult only - 2019 for 25th wedding anniversary, cruise in Alsaka, Mopar Nats and 3 weeks in WDW - that's where we got married after all.

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Awesome thread! Thanks Lisa.

Next Disney trip: We plan to visit Anaheim in October next year - probably 2 weeks. Unless we head to Hong Kong this new year (keep saying that every year...)

Next trip with my kids: As I said - I plan taking Della to Anaheim next year :D

Next grown-up only trip other than Disney: errr...you can go on holidays and not visit a Disney park? Seriously, we intend to visit Europe, starting in the UK before having a look at the rest of the continent, but we will visit Paris DL at the same time.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Next Disney trip : Only Paris and Tokyo to go before I can join that elite "every park" group. I can't see it being a Disney specific trip so Paris is more likely to be included in a European trip than a trip to Japan.

Next trip with my kids: Hmmm...find girl...convince her that I am not as bad as I appear...drug and marry her...knock her up...wait for kids to get to suitable age...tally up how much old age pension is left...take trip to Lunar Disney.

Next grown-up only trip other than Disney: At the moment anywhere, already getting itchy feet and contemplating selling my house to get funds to travel. South America and Europe or Egypt for my kayaking plan or US for my "100 Americans" plan.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Well my post will be no surprise!

Next Disney trip : Well you all know that one - 10 weeks and 6 days -/

Next trip with my kids: See above

Next grown-up only trip other than Disney: I often get to visit friends in Bundanoon (Southern Highlands) and get to enjoy good food, good company, cosie fires and a movie!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”