Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Mobile phones

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Mobile phones

Postby calisota » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:30 pm

I need some advice. I am starting to crack on the subject of mobile phones but know nothing about them. Anyone have any suggestions on the best crowd to go with in terms of phones and plans?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Mobile phones

Postby sandie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Despite the Mickey factor do not be rtempted into a DMobo Mickey phone - mine now needs to be charged every single damn day!

And my calls are paid for by work so they pick the plan.

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Greg, mobile phones are an interminable mine field. What to get and who to go with is not easily established. The first thing you need to work out is what you want to do with it and how much you want to pay. If you would like to use the phone for some data stuff as well as phone calls, and also tend to trek off the beaten track, the only real option is the Telstra Next G service. I know there is a bit of bias in that, but really it cannot be matched for coverage or features by anything no matter what the hype of the other carriers. And international roaming is easy in over 120 countries (but at a cost). One trap though for data use on a mobile is cost, they are all thieves on this matter, so ask as many questions as you can.

The next thing to consider are the options you want and cost you want to pay. I'm really keen on seeing the iPhone when it's released, but I love toys (I got an iPod Touch for my 40th, and I absolutely love it). Once you choose your network provider and work out what you want to pay, duck into one of the shops. You will get confused, so make sure you do some home work before hand. I know this probably doesn't help, but to be honest, not much advice you get will help until you work out what you want to do and pay.

Sandie, I have noticed the kids DMobo Disney phones do have a short battery life at best anyway, but all batteries will wear out over time, no matter the brand. I reckon if you contacted a DMobo supplier, probably through EBay, you'd be able to pick up a new battery. The new phone I got Ros actually came with 2 batteries, so it is something they have obviously identified.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 pm

I think much of my problem is that I don't really know what I want it for. I've found annoying little things like making alterations to my internet banking require a code to be sms'ed to me or else I have to wait a week for it to be snail mailed. It would also be handy for job applications because they all seem to ask for a mobile number first in preference to a home one, I guess because they know they can always contact a person if they're out. All the data stuff would just be cool.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”