Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Manly Sea Eagles

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I don't think it's worth getting into the AFL versus NRL battle, because it could get ugly.
Yep - in my office, we have a regular rotation of staff from interstate and the rivalry battles about football codes can be quite entertaining.

I personally have never gotten into the AFL - although I did find it easier to watch on a widescreen TV, so I guess being at the game would make even more sense.

I think it is easier for me to watch rugby league, having grown up with it and with a local team to support. Following a team called "Sydney" in the AFL doesn't give rise to the same tribal passions...
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 am

Which is where motorsport comes in. International flavour, crosses all boundaries (as long as you can look past the bogun factor of the ATCC, which is decreasing thankfully). And everyone who's into motorsport is into it with less tribalism and a different level of passion.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”