Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What else are you into?

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What else are you into?

Postby KeithS » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:16 pm

While I was there I went whale watching, kayaking, I saw otters playing on the rocks and in the water simply as I was walking into town, I saw so many bald eagles they became as common as seagulls. I watched the famous fish throwers at the Pike Place Markets in Seattle, I ate in a restaurant where they filmed Sleepless In Seattle and sat in Tom Hanks' seat, I visited the SciFi hall of fame and the space needle. I ate clam chowder in restaurants all over Alaska and Canada and even went to the original Starbucks. I found an Irish pub in Victoria that had fantastic food, local beer on tap, live Irish music and the most stunning group of waitresses in little tartan mini skirts and boots. I sat in a genuine American diner where I was the only non local and talked to a man who had grown up as a kid in a logging camp out in the wilds of Alaska, and he looked like it too. I went to the movies in a theatre that was straight out of the 60's, i played pool in a pub with a bottomless basket of pretzels and a barmaid who asked for my ID because she thought I was under 21!
It is a shame that the work stuff took the gloss of what were obviously good times - this list of activities is to die for!

What was the name of that Irish pub? ;)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:50 pm

What was the name of that Irish pub? ;)
Irish Times Pub

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm

All this recent talk of the eighties made me re-evaluate my interests - so tonight I went and joined an adult theatre class and although I have what I consider an impressive resume:

Victoria: the uptight prudish lead in The Spinsters of Lavender Lane
Daisy: the prudish asexual wife in the Sex Life of Snails

and the peak of my acting career

Max: the retarded teenage boy in The Waxen Man

I have been cast as Mother Superior in a stage adaptation of Sister Act 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Whats that all about?

Sandie

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:59 pm

All this recent talk of the eighties made me re-evaluate my interests - so tonight I went and joined an adult theatre class and although I have what I consider an impressive resume:

Victoria: the uptight prudish lead in The Spinsters of Lavender Lane
Daisy: the prudish asexual wife in the Sex Life of Snails

and the peak of my acting career

Max: the retarded teenage boy in The Waxen Man

I have been cast as Mother Superior in a stage adaptation of Sister Act 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Whats that all about?

Sandie
I have been a member of a musical society for over 20 years and I have lost count of the times I have been cast as a whore :shock: e.g. Les Miserables, Oklahoma. Let me tell you I am a very good actor! :lol:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Mother Superior???? :lol: That should be right up your alley Sandie.

Actually what a fantastic idea... thats something I always wanted to do too.
That and boxercise. Always wanted to do that.

I'm sure you'll whip those other nuns into shape quick smart.

Lisa. :)
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:05 pm

OH my God... we're surrounded by thespians.... :lol:

Boy... I need some new interests :roll: . How do you guys fit all that stuff in?

I've been thinking about joining the local photography club but thats not nearly as exciting as what you guys are up to. Will you still remember us when you are famous?

Lisa. :cat:
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:25 am

I should clarify that I am not a singer!!!!!! My part is wholey spoken! Although when I was in Uni part of my degree was called Extension and you had to do something totally different from your degree over the 3 years to keep you a balance student. I did Writing and Performance and in the last two semester we had to write and produce our own full length plays - stupidly I chose musicals (I had picked this strand because I thought it would be a bludge!) My firsat was called Malachi I Am and I played a singing herion addict in that one and the other was No Business and I was a actress cast in King Lear who refused to sleep with the producer so i ended up tossed aside.

Got distinctions for both but my family has never let me live down my singing!

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:44 am

wow... that sounds like fun... :)

All I did was cut, perm, colour, set in rollers and then back-comb the 3 remaining hairs till they did my bidding of little old ladies at that point in my life... sheesh.... ever noticed how much old ladies hair smells remarkably like their socks?
Not sure I'll ever forget that smell. :?

Lisa. -/

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:07 am

I must apologise Sandie, but when I read that you had joined an "adult theatre group" and then read your resume, I was thinking that perhaps this should be a discussion for the Private section. I had visions of the kids sitting in the audience with Peter's hands over their eyes. But alas, it is obviously a theatre group where all the actors are adults. That'll make it hard to do productions of Oliver or Gulliver's Travels, but then it is art.

I reckon it's wonderful that you've done that. I used to work with someone who did musical theatre and he was quite a personality. I reckon you'll do very well at it. I think we should set you some challenges from time to time, like having some sort of hidden mickey on your costume somewhere and then showing us photographic proof!

I'm glad that this thread has continued with a pulse. One of the things I mentioned was the Netball coaching, well this year I (stupidly) decided to take on 2 teams, My eldest daughter's team and an offshoot from her last year's team. Well glad to say that both teams are in the semis starting next week. One of them came first and the other came 3rd. Pretty pleased with that effort. And yes if anyone is wondering about having to deal with 16 14-16 year old girls week in week out? It is all that you fear, plus more!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 pm

I went and joined an adult theatre class
I have been a member of a musical society for over 20 years
I've been thinking about joining the local photography club
Netball coaching, well this year I (stupidly) decided to take on 2 teams
I feel positively slovenly and lazy compared to all you folks :( I'm having a complete attack of the guilts! For me, this year I bought a new big screen TV so I can see and watch Foxtel... :(

Hmmm...you have all inspired me! I like the sound of the photography class. Or maybe learning Japanese or something like that. Time for me to get "out there!!"

Well done to all of you!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Oh yeah... and learning Japanese... I've been talking about doing that for 9 years... since I went there.
(Lisa scribbling on her 'to do' list..... )

Lisa. :D

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 am

Japanese will be very practical too. For all those return trips to TDL!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:15 am

Yep, Mel, thats what I'm thinking.... and I love the idea of being multi lingual.
I speak 'get by' French but would love to add Japanese to my repertoire. :D
In fact, I might look into that today... seeing this is my weekend.

Lisa. :D

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 pm

I have been cast as Mother Superior in a stage adaptation of Sister Act 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and teh head wife - Joanna in The Stepford Wives! Now I just have to learn 75 pages of script in six weeks - no problems :shock:

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”