Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What else are you into?

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

What else are you into?

Postby ajp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:25 pm

It's been a little quiet around lately, so I thought I would start some idle chit chat. I couldn't see another thread on this, but I thought it'd be good to chat about what else we're into. I'll start (der) ..

Aside from the obvious (all things Disney and travelling). I am a sports nut. I watch most sports I can, but I am right into V8Supercars, big time (go Fords). I also follow the Parramatta Eels passionately in the NRL. And of course there is the cricket (long retired cricketer myself)! I play golf at least once a month and in winter am now coaching Jess's netball team, 2nd year this year after a fairytale start last year. As well I play with the computer any chance I get, am loving the Apple Mac. That's the passions at the moment.

So what else are you into? :D
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:16 pm

Planning Holidays

Scrapbooking

Now that Winter is approaching the boys will be going to the footy every weekend and Elli and I spend Saturday nights at the movies and having dinner out. I love going to movies (although I really like going by myself)

Watching the good shows on tv - SVU, West Wing, Medium, and the good but old shows on DVD - West Wing

Politics - I just got elected Chair of Unions NSW Womens committee todauy so that will take some time.

And sleeping - I really wish I had more time for that!!!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Congratulations on the appointment Sandie. That must be a great achievement.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:37 pm

(Cool Topic)
I spend a lot of time tinkering with my PC - I build them from scratch, then continue to tinker. I try to get the best gaming PC possible because I like to play PC games. We have four top notch PCs at home (and a laptop) - including my bedroom home media server for high-def TV, music and video. Two 24" widescreen monitors, and my gaming PC has a 27" widescreen (that one cost me a packet!) and a bunch of smaller LCDs connected too (my garage is a PC parts wasteland...) Also having a good PC and a digital camera has led me to tinker with home movie editing (Disney holidays - no strange stuff!) - look for my latest effort when we return from Tokyo!

I spend a lot of time reading books of all sorts - novels, Disney art & history books, motor racing books (I collect the Autocourse annuals for Formula 1)

Like Anthony, I watch a lot of motor racing (and I mean A LOT) - I watch EVERY Formula 1, V8 Supercar, A1GP, NASCAR, Champ Car, Indy Racing League, and MotoGP race every week! Thank goodness for Hard Drive recorders (we have three!!!) - sometime it takes us to Thursday to watch them all, in the meantime we are recording normal TV shows - I love Heroes, Lost, 24, and recently I've enjoyed the new Sarah Connor Chronicles. Oh yeah, I buy a lot of series on DVD too (hmmm...I have a massive backlog of shows to watch - I'll have to catch up one day!) I always watch the cricket and rugby league if I am home.

I've got a private pilot's licence which I've had since 1993 - but haven't flown for some time - I was paying off a mortgage...I must get back into it sometime - at the moment, I have to settle for many hours playing Flight Simulator X on my PC.

I monitor and update this website, and I go out with Della (and we love going to the movies)

In my spare time, I go to work :)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:52 pm

My respect for people with their pilot's license is matched only by the level of envy. I reckon that is one of the ultimate things to do.

That is one serious setup of home entertainment and digitalisation. So do you ring the computer on the way home in the train and turn on the microwave, record the TV and turn on the lights and air-conditioners?

I bet you can't wait for Telstra to increase the broadband speeds for your gaming. It must be frustrating having the processing power, but still being limited by the connection speeds.

... and I think we should be doing a little more chatting on the motor racing front in future Keith ... (perhaps in parallel to the scrapbooking thread? :wink: )

This is good. Thanks so far ...

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:43 am

I need to integrate my setup a little more with the home - I don't have it wired to the lights etc yet - it just runs the media. The big problem is heat - I now have a desk fan assisting the cooling hehe :) My big gaming PC handles heat with no drama, so I think it will become the media centre at some stage in the future.

Motor racing (Go Fords!!)

I use Optus Cable Broadband - so I have plenty of bandwidth and no lag - I don't play too many online games except for Team Fortress 2.

Flying - yep, it is great fun. A few years ago just about every weekend was spent in some odd NSW country town. We would sometimes sit around our flying club in Schofields and one of us would say that he was hungry, so we'd just grab a plane from the flightline and fly into Sydney airport and grab McDonalds from the terminal and bring it back (in those days, it was inexpensive to fly into Sydney - now you can't really do it in a light aircraft). It just cool to be able to do stuff like that!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14 am

... and I think we should be doing a little more chatting on the motor racing front in future Keith ... (perhaps in parallel to the scrapbooking thread? :wink: )
Motor racing (Go Fords!!)

Sheesh..... :roll:

actually, on second thoughts, bring on that thread, I could really have some fun with that. :twisted:

~ Lisa ~ :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 am

Ahh cable. That is one of the negatives of living out here in god's country, we don't have any of the "modern" niceties like cable broadband etc. 1.5mb ADSL is the best I can do, but it goes alright. Just don't think about downloading any great size things like movies etc.

The family of my daughter's best friend are flyers, have their own air strip and the father owns his own aircraft maintenance business at Camden Airport. The eldest boy had his plane license before he could drive and just recently passed his commercial license test, he's just 17. It's awesome I reckon.

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 am

C'mon Lisa, what about you. We know about the scrapbooking, tattoos and tequila, what else are you into?

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Ok, so what are my passions other than Disney?

Honestly everything I do is done with a large serving of it so its hard to narrow it down - I have a lot of them. Some of them similar to you guys and then I veer off into black sheep territory. :D

But nutshell version:

* I am determined to see the entire world ( bar the bits where you get shot at) I love adventures. :D

* to go along with the above, I am fascinated by photographing said wonders of the world from every angle. Thank god for digitals.

* scrapping of course.... to the point of obsession.

* I love to read and I also write copiously. Available in all good bookstore 2009(... or one day :D) I love language - including my own. I speak and read 'get by' French and enough to get by in a few other countries as well.

* I love the sea. Being on it, under it, beside it, anything.
Last edited by mushu mama on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Part 2 ( having posting issues again)

* I cannot live without music - any kind other than hip hop.

* I'm a bit of a foodie - despite my collection of allergies. I spent the last week in Adelaide in a home with Foxtel... my favourite shows were 'bizarre foods' - it blows me away what people will eat. ...and of course Miami Ink.

* I love my computer - when it works.

* I love watching sport... any - even the curling in the winter olympics. :) I've been asked before if I know I'm a girl and that its just fundamentally wrong. Either live or on TV. Particularly Aussie Rules and Cricket.

* I love the gym. .... No really :)

Oh.... and I drink way less tequila than you might think. :wink: But that is my poison of choice.

oh yeah.... and pole dancing.... :twisted:

~ Lisa ~ -/

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm a bit of a foodie - despite my collection of allergies. I spent the last week in Adelaide in a home with Foxtel... my favourite shows were 'bizarre foods' - it blows me away what people will eat. ...and of course Miami Ink.
Got over that fear of pumpkin yet?

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Got over that fear of pumpkin yet?
Like I said.... it blows me away what some people will eat. :D

We all have things we don't like to eat.... some people don't like zucchini and some people don't like banana's and some people don't like chocolate :shock:. Thats one of the perks of being a grown up - you can choose what you like to eat.

I may be allergic to some foods, and just plain not like some others but it doesn't stop me enjoying the process of choosing the ingredients, preparing said ingredients, creating culinary masterpieces and then savouring my labour with a glass of something yummy.

And as you know, I still ate the pumpkin., despite my personal preferences. :)

~ Lisa ~

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:07 pm

And as you know, I still ate the pumpkin., despite my personal preferences.
Maybe so - but the tale is more interesting when I tell it my way!

Sandie

p.s. I hate carrots!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:08 pm

and V8 SuperCars!!!! :lol:

Sandie

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”