Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Randy Pausch 'last Lecture'

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Randy Pausch 'last Lecture'

Postby mushu mama » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:30 am

Has anyone else seen the footage of imagineer Randy Pausch's last lecture?

Briefly, Randy has terminal cancer, is young with 3 small children, and only months to live and had given an inspiring 'last lecture' which touches on his time with Disney as an Imagineer, which is quite candid and fascinating. He worked on rides at the Disney parks and virtual reality stuff involved in the rides.
Be prepared for a long sit... its 76+ minutes long but well worth it. Its on Youtube or via the link from his own site that updates how he is faring.

Randy's spirit and zest for every second of his life that he has remaining is truly inspiring.

The thing that stuck with me was the question he posed... 'do you live your life like a Tigger or an Eeyore?'

Tigger all the way..... -/

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Randy Pausch 'last Lecture'

Postby sandie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:53 am

Just in case you have not caught up. Randy passed away.

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Nope I hadn't heard. :(

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I read about Randy's passing this morning in 'This Is True'.

I never saw the full lecture, just the Oprahfied version and even that was just so inpirational. I admit that sometimes I was more of an Eeyore than a Tigger, but since seeing the abbreviated lecture I have tried to be more Tiggerish.

BTW, I think it's amazing that he managed to live for as long as he did after initially being told he only had six months.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 pm

I watched the whole lecture and it struck a huge chord with me at the time.

Makes me think of the saying that goes something like this: some angels are earthbound and if you are lucky enough to have one cross your path, you will know it by the glow they leave with you on your insides.

I've met a few people like that. They just seem to radiate something special. :)

Randy was one of those I think.

Lisa. -/

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”