Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

What to see in 2008

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: What to see in 2008

Postby churros » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:49 am

:D

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:21 am

It is New Year's Eve 2014-15 so that means it is time for our annual year in review for movies we went and watched!

I'll split it between cinema viewings and Bluray as best as I can remember. We don't see as many movies these days at the cinema.

Cinema
Saving Mr. Banks - went in with big expectations but never really connected - I have the bluray so one day I'll watch it again
Maleficent - I liked this movie at face value but Maleficent is bad in my book and so I didn't like them re-writing her evilness!
The Muppets Most Wanted - fun movie, but not as good as the first one
Jersey Boys - hmmm...I wanted to like this and I thought Clint Eastwood directing would make this great, but the stage show was much better.
Big Hero 6 - my cinema film of the year - loved it.

Bluray
The Lego Movie - this was great (everything is awesome!)
Elysium - I loved District 9 and this film (by the same director) was high on my list to view but just fell a bit short of expectations despite the much bigger budget.
Thor: The Dark World - loved this, the Marvel films are getting better all the time.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - loved it, maybe my favourite Marvel/Shield movie now.
Gravity - had zero expectation but thought this movie was excellent - the visuals were amazing but the dialogue was a bit hokey...
Rush - my favourite bluray film of the year and the only motor racing movie that is any good - Ron Howard directed and it deserved more love than it got.
The Hobbit Pt2 - I actually watched this on the flight to Hong Kong and fell asleep, so I really need to watch the bluray I own. It seemed better than the first Hobbit movie though.
The Hunger Games - I finally watched this on bluray - and loved it! The subject matter is confronting but it was done with style. Reading the books now and will watch Part 2 soon.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - saw this last night and was thoroughly entertained. I liked the first movie more but this was still an epic film.

So, what to see in 2015?

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Into the Woods in the next week or two. Other films we'll see are:
Cinderella - need I say more?
Avengers: Age of Ultron - cannot wait for this!
Tomorrowland - cannot wait for this, even though we have no idea what it is about; the time travel aspect and links to Disney history have me excited.
Jurassic World - it has been a long time between dinosaur movies, it is about time we returned to "The Park!"
Inside Out - yay, Pixar is back at the cinema and this movie looks good.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - need I say more? The most anticipated movie of the year I think.

So - what else is on people's lists for 2015? What did you like in 2014?
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 pm

Jupiter Ascending looks like a good movie in 2015 and I'll be counting the sleeps until Star Wars as well.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”