Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Crappy Movies

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Crappy Movies

Postby sandie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:53 am

My neighbours had a party last night that we were invited to but we don't like them so we needed an excuse not to go. (They are both over 70 and sun bake sans swimsuit so we have some issues looking at them without giggling)

So Peter and I got Gold Class tickets to go see Heartbreak Kid. What a disappointment - it was not Something About Masry thats for sure!

Why is it that all the good movies come ouut in a glut when you can not possibly see them all and then for the other 11 months of the year there is nothing?

Sandie

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:01 pm

Margaret and David gave this movie a caning. Unfortunately Ben Stiller seems to be a hit or miss kind of guy.

A movie that I really want to see is Into The Wild. 4.5 from David and 5 from Margaret. I haven't read the book it's based on yet but I do read the magazine that printed the original article.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:25 pm

Hmmm...crappy movies - I've seen plenty but I've forgotten most of them.

I think the worst movie I've ever seen and still remember is City of Angels - what I hate even worse is that so many people actually like this film. Nicholas Cage as a boring angel, and that boring Meg Ryan as a boring person. It seems to go on and on and finish...I find there are no redeeming features other than the end title song "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls.

I'm sure there are many more films...I've just got to search my memory banks...

Oh, I know - Flightplan with Jodie Foster...snore...Della and I worked it out early, then pulled the whole plot apart on the car drive home from the cinema...

...and The Sixth Sense...in the first five minutes of the film, I said to my dad "hey look, I think Bruce Willis is dead" - and then we continued to watch it with both of us making comments like "yep, he didn't touch her" or "see, there is no interaction" - so when the "twist" came at the end, it was like...well geez...we had that figured out...booorrriinngggg.....
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:50 pm

crappy movie award.... 'Vanilla Sky'.... to this day, I am still at a loss as to what actually happened.

another one I didn't like was 'signs'... mostly cos it scared the living 'you know what' out of me and I can still see that claw coming under the pantry door.... just too scary for me. I'm a wuss.

~ Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:12 pm

I loved signs - except the ending!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”