Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Your dream non - Disney holiday

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Your dream non - Disney holiday

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:53 pm

Ok so Greg caught me up on where he is next headed in his adventures - around the world and Alaska (although he was not good enough for the QE2!!!!!) It is a ship called the Amsterdam and I had a look at it seems pretty cool - goes almost everywhere in 114 days!

So if you could do anything what would it be (but no Disney)

I would fly to Seattle for some grunge and then head up on a cruise around Alaska, catch a train across the Canadian Rockies, catch a showing of Anne of Green Gables the musical on Prince Edward Island, head down to DC and join in the annual Morman crossing where they have to live like settlers did - right down to clothes, food etc. And before you ask if I want to becaome anyones second wife - you don't have to be a mormon to participate.

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Buy a Prowler, drive from East to West (or West to East, depends on where the Prowler was bought), slightly zig zagging up and down. Have the Golf Clubs on hand and play some of the best courses in the US including Pebble Beach, and generally seeing everything. Put the Prowler on a boat to home, cruise Alaska, and ride the Rockie Mountain Express through Canada (the glass top one).

Haven't thought about this ..... much ....
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:22 pm

including Pebble Beach
We stopped at Pebble Beachonce as part of a day tour to somewhere more exciting and the head of security took us for a behind the scenes tour on his golf cart - got to see the club that costs $100,000 a year to join, players rooms etc etc

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:01 pm

including Pebble Beach
We stopped at Pebble Beachonce as part of a day tour to somewhere more exciting and the head of security took us for a behind the scenes tour on his golf cart - got to see the club that costs $100,000 a year to join, players rooms etc etc

Sandie
That would have been awesome. Standing on the first tee (in the cold wind and rain) was enough to get the vibes of the course. I'd love to play that one!! I enquired the price for a round, and the $400 plus $100 for the mandatory caddie seemed worthwhile to me ...
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:02 pm

what's $500 after you have shelled out for a prowler?

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:06 pm

I know. It's only change isn't it. Worth every cent!

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:09 pm

You and my husband so have to hang oout - he has gone to the Australian American Muscle Club meeting tonight - by the way Lisa got a drive in the beast!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Who's a lucky girl then! Was it a gentle law abiding ride, or a car guy hang on and shut up ride?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:23 pm

you'll have to ask her - i was stuck in the back with the kids. although I am not sure what was more exciting for her - the car or her first visit to krispy kreme.

I don't know - these northern hicks!!!!

Sandie

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:26 pm

or her first visit to krispy kreme.
Sandie
That's sad ... :shock:

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:32 pm

or her first visit to krispy kreme.
Sandie
That's sad ... :shock:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

although I am not sure what was more exciting for her - the car or her first visit to krispy kreme.

Now thats a toughie.... :D

Especially when I am sitting here eating a 'Little Johnnie original' as I type.
hehehe....

Ok, well, the Super Bee..... yes...even for a non-car type girl, there was a buzz about it thats for sure. Its something about the burble noise it makes I do believe. And how weird it feels being on the right hand side in the front and there being no steering wheel in front.
Now I am all for the 'hang on and shut up' kind of experiences (although... those that know me will know how hard the 'shut up' part would be for me), but this was a nice respectable trip to Krispy Kremes.....

I felt very privileged and as expected... my son was insanely jealous. :)
.... and then I offered him a krispy kreme.... and all was forgiven.

Master Lisa
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Anywhere? Really?

Ok.... well... everywhere.

I want to see it all ( well, all but the 'get killed by terrorists' type places)

top of the list.... France... every inch of it. Then Italy. Then probably Spain. Then do a safari. Then Russia. Then The Galapagos Islands. Then Easter Island. Then Antarctica. Then South America. Then The Taj Mahal. Then the Pyramids. Then Germany/Switzerland/ oh... ok... all of Europe. Then all of the Mediterranean. Japan again. The Great Wall of course. You get the idea....

Everywhere.

All with the best photographic equipment money could buy.

Must do before I die?...... standing on the top of the Eiffel Tower at sunset and watching all the lights come on over Paris. And preferably not by myself. :wink:

Not much really...... :)

~Lisa ~
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 pm

And preferably not by myself. :wink:
Any contact details for those rich retired airline pilots Lisa?

You've pretty well covered it. The only question would be .... Where to start?

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:26 pm

And preferably not by myself.
When she said that she didn't mean a pilot she meant another DUD member....................... c'mon guess who ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”