Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Boonie dolls

The place to discuss the things that may not be strictly Disney.
mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Boonie dolls

Postby mushu mama » Tue May 09, 2006 9:55 pm

I L.O.V.E - love Cricket. My Talking Boonie is one of my most prized possessions.
But it has it been 'talking' over the last days for no reason. I'm starting to think I'm going mad. It keeps talking when there is no one around (except me) and no tv on. Has anyone else had this problem?

When the cricket ended I tried to find a sound-thingy (I know - real technical, but I can't remember what it was called) to activate him again on the net but was unsuccessful - and now he's making these random comments any old time! Weird, Huh :?:
-Lisa

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Tue May 09, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi Lisa, this was on talk back up here today. They have all started talking. They think somehow the signal that was transmitted to activate them when the cricket was on has been turned on again. People were getting freaked out by the 'poltergiest" dolls

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue May 09, 2006 10:16 pm

How funny is that. :D
He didn't really freak me out - just surprised me.
Haven't heard anything in Vic about it. But then I'm more likely to have a CD on or iPod in my ears so no wonder I missed that bit.
thanks Sandie.
-Lisa.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed May 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Now that is one of the coolest things I've ever heard, poltergeist Boonies! I never got the Boonie doll when he was available - another gap in my life :(

One thing with that signal theory though - the signal was an audible tone that was broadcast through the television speaker. It was an electronic peep sound (different variations of the peep made him say different things).

If the signal was restarted, we'd all be hearing the peep on the TV (it was quite distinctive during the cricket and some VB commercials) I wonder if there is a noise on a particular commercial that is accidentally similar to the Boonie tones and is setting him off in error. Or maybe the batteries are all wearing down and he is just activating in error because of low power...

...whatever the reason, it is all pretty cool and adds to the mystique that is BOONIE!!!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu May 11, 2006 5:08 am

I've never even heard of Boonie dolls (that's David Boone, right?) let alone talking ones. Maybe if it had been a Hadlee one.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu May 11, 2006 9:31 am

. Maybe if it had been a Hadlee one.Greg
Alright, he was 'ok' at cricket but didn't have the 'charisma' that Boonie had. And Boonies mo is better!

I had to buy 2 slabs of beer to get my Boonie (and then gave it away cos I don't drink beer ) but he was worth every cent! Who else could say such pearls of wisdom like "Got any nachos? I love nachos" and still be revered....

- Lisa. :)

and I couldn't get the new smiley faces to work or I would have put a 'feeling sick' face after the beer bit!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Thu May 11, 2006 9:55 am

and I couldn't get the new smiley faces to work or I would have put a 'feeling sick' face after the beer bit!
Did you click the "View more emoticons" link under the existing one on the left hand side? You should get a pop up window with the new smilies in it.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu May 11, 2006 10:16 am

yep - but am now late for work so will have another go later

- Lisa.

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disney Free”