Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Been there - wait for the report...

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Been there - wait for the report...

Postby KeithS » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi guys, I've just returned from my trip to Hong Kong Disneyland.

I'll write up a full report in the next couple of days once I've sorted out all my stuff, but for the meantime - here are just a few thoughts.

I went up there with low expectations based on negative press reports I'd been reading. We had booked to stay at Disney's Hollywood Hotel for 7 days, but only planned on visiting the park a couple of times and spending the rest of the time shopping in the City.

In the end - we spent 4 days in the Park and had a fantastic time!

Can you imagine a Disneyland park with almost no strollers? Go to HK.
Can you imagine a Disneyland park where the patrons (kids, teens and adults) were all polite and well mannered? Go to HK.
Can you imagine a Disneyland park surrounded by mountains and water? Go to HK.

I'm telling you that this park, whilst small, is a delight, and to be able to watch it grow over the coming years will be a great experience.

I just hope it gets the patronage that it deserves.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

re: HK trip report

Postby mushu mama » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:51 am

Great to hear you had a great experience there . I'm still in the deciding stages of which park to visit next but HK was shortlisted. I felt the same way about the TDL when I visited there - everyone SO polite. Will be interested in knowing if there were language problems or not. Cant wait for the report. :D Mushu mama

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:11 pm

Definitely no language problems. English is one of the national languages and they cater very well for it. For example, the Jungle Cruise has three queues which works very well - English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

The only disappointment language-wise was The Golden Mickeys show which was a fantastic Academy Awards-type show, however the live spoken portion of the show was entirely in Cantonese (it would have been nice if they had provided English subtitles on the big display screens they were using.) But all the musical numbers (which was the majority of the show) were in English.

Anyway, I'll try and get the report written this week - depending on what is happening when I return to work!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Really, really looking forward to the trip report and to seeing the photos. I have an even extra interest as you'll see from another thread of mine.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Hong Kong Disneyland”