Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tree Lighting Report and New attraction for 'lovers of Pooh'

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Tree Lighting Report and New attraction for 'lovers of Pooh'

Postby Loomis » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 am

We've stuck up a bit of a report about last night's surprise Tree Lighting, which The Source's source tells us was a bit of a media frenzy.

The report can be found here:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=54

Our correspondent also informed us that a query about the cranes in Fantasyland will be a "new ride that we will love if we like Winnie the Pooh". Cryptic, yes, but a sign of things to come. Dark ride, perhaps?

They also confirmed there would be no Christmas Parade, but a tree lighting and Santa's sleigh every night.

Finally, Disney have also updated the official site with a Christmas page:

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... istmasPage

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tree Lighting Report and New attraction for 'lovers of P

Postby KeithS » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:26 am

"new ride that we will love if we like Winnie the Pooh"
I read that on your site and thought you could take that quote in two ways.

Either it is a new Pooh ride, or a new dark ride.

I'm still guessing on the latter and that it will be IASW - the problem with cast members are notoriously vague with their information :)

As for Christmas, my partner and I are looking at doing a park Christmas/New Year next year, but it will probably be Anaheim rather than Hong Kong. We've always wanted to do something like that. It will be interesting to see if HKDL does any TV advertising down here for Christmas. They featured a lot of television commercials on the Discovery Channel last year promoting Christmas (they used the US commercial but overlayed the HKDL logo - there were tram tracks down Main Street...)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Postby Loomis » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:04 am

Yes, our little discussion group has decided 'dark ride' is the implication there. Keep in mind that the other big rumour for a while was Peter Pan's Flight.

There is also the persistent rumour that a variation on Pirates of the Caribbean could pop up, but the former seems more likely given the Pooh comparison.

By the way, we've just added some new pics from the Christmas tree lighting and of the crane hovering over Fantasyland:

http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=55

As for going over Christmas, it is something I've really been wanting to do as well. It seems unlikely in the near future, with our next Disney trip planned for 2008 (in May, doing a bi-coastal thing). Still, plenty more Christmasses in my life to go! (Hopefully)

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Hong Kong Disneyland”