Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review Thread

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review Thread

Postby KeithS » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Welcome to the Down Under Disneyana HKDL Hotel Review Thread!

This thread will allow our members to post reviews of hotels within the Hong Kong Disneyland area. Please use the simple form layout provided below to ensure consistency for each review. Just cut and paste the form layout into your new message and fill in the details!

Name of Hotel:

Price you paid for room:

Was this price high season/low season?

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc):

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc):

Onsite/offsite:

Transportation to parks available:

What you liked:

What you didn't like:

Would you stay here again:
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Name of Hotel: Disney's Hollywood Hotel

Price you paid for room: Can't remember but we thought it was a great price!
Was this price high season/low season? low season

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Chef Mickey's (buffet - no characters), Snack bar, piano-shaped pool with spa and waterslide, beautiful gardens, great views, shop, bar

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Mickey Mouse toiletries and an animal-shaped facecloth, Mickey Mouse slippers

Onsite/offsite: Onsite

Transportation to parks available: 10 min bus ride or 30 min walk (listen out for elephants)

What you liked: Beautiful hotel and grounds, very friendly staff, surprised my sister for her birthday with a card and gift waiting for her in her room, character greetings in the lobby

What you didn't like: That I only had 3 nights there and it flew by too fast

Would you stay here again: Absolutely!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:00 am

Price you paid for room: The rack rate direct from the hotel's website (Garden View room)

Was this price high season/low season? Low and High season (2 visits)

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Great pool (we had a swim with Goofy), Chef Mickey buffet, Hollywood & Dine snack bar (good for breakfasts), sports bar (nice dinners, prepared in Chef Mickey kitchen but cheaper than CM), Disney shop.

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): bar fridge, safe, robes, slippers (which you can keep), LCDTV, tea and coffee etc.

Transportation to parks available: Bus and walk (we preferred the walk)

What you liked: chasing Chip 'n Dale in the hallway, hotel theming - great for Disney fans,

What you didn't like: not much - I love this hotel. Chef Mickeys can be a little expensive if you don't eat much - about $60AUD per person for dinner when we were there.

Would you stay here again: Absolutely, been there twice already!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review Thread

Postby Loomis » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 am

Price you paid for room: $309 per night ($927 all up) for 2 people

Was this price high season/low season? Lowish. Possibly shoulder? (Trip 1: September 2006; Trip 2: May 2008)

Hotel Amenities (Restaurants, pools, Internet, etc): Fantastic bar and pool, Internet in room (but I think one may have to bring their own Ethernet cable), no room service.

Room Amenities (bar fridge, room safe, LCD/CableTV, etc): Bar fridge, safe, robes, slippers (which you can keep), LCDTV, tea and coffee. Great to have tea-making facilities after a month in US hotels! My first trip had two double-beds, and the second had one double bed and a lounge/coffee table facing in the LCDTV instead. I actually found this preferable to the two beds, as it was nice to be able to sit and slowly drink a cuppa before heading into the park each morning.

Transportation to parks available: Bus route. Every 10 minutes at peak.

What you liked: The Studio Lounge Bar is fabulous, the theming is just about perfect and there is a great range of cocktails and food available. The "Fantasy Deco" of the hotel makes it one of my favourites, and I will return there every time.

What you didn't like: Lack of room service (restaurants are good, but room service is nice when you have just left a 16 hour flight). Chef Mickey's didn't impress me much this time around, and the buffet selections seemed a bit bland and uninteresting. However, on my first trip I would have said the opposite was true. Perhaps it is the time of year.

Would you stay here again: Absolutely. I've also stayed there twice. However, I'm tempted to upgrade to a suite next time, and the Disney's Hollywood Hotel doesn't offer them at all. You have to go next door to the HKDL Hotel for that.

Trip 1: Image

Trip 2: Image

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Hong Kong Disneyland”