Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Hong Kong Disneyland Photos

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Hong Kong Disneyland Photos

Postby KeithS » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:50 pm

The following website is hosting 2 pages of excellent photos of the new Hong Kong Disneyland under construction, including commentary with each photo.

The photos include aerial shots and ground shots of most of the major attractions, the hotels, and the surrounds. They were taken in March this year.

I love photograph of the new express train that will carry passengers from Kowloon to Disneyland, check out the hidden mickey windows!

The photo pages can be found here (Warning: thar be spoilers ahead!!)

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/News-And-Rumo ... ion-01.asp

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:42 am

This is phenomenal. The amount of work that must go into a project like this is staggering, especially given the amount of detail that seems to be the hallmark of Disney parks.

I have to admit that the only park I've managed to visit (albeit more than once) is Disneyland but I think Hong Kong is going to be close enough to make it economic and I'm hoping for some special deals for the initial opening period. Plus, I travelled in China last year and have a taste for real chinese food. :D I wonder if there are any travel agents that would put together a deal for a Down Under Disneyana tour to Hong Kong?

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:02 pm

It is amazing to see the park under construction. It looks fairly small though, but there is a lot of sea dredging going on in the background for the second phase expansion.

We (Della and I) are looking to go over there in March next year, but it will depend on the feedback of others who will be going there this year. Otherwise I might just save my annual leave (and money...) for an Orlando adventure :D in 2007!

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:39 am

Orlando...heavy sigh. That's one place I have to get to.

I had an ex who actually worked in WDW in 2000 on a student program. They take on students to work over their summer holidays and she was a mature age student at the time so I convinced her to apply for a postition. She loved it and brought me back a heap of stuff including a pile of copies of "Eyes & Ears" which is the cast members newsletter. They make for fascinating reading.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

More Pictures

Postby KeithS » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:13 am

Here is a link to photos of the now almost completed Disneyland Hong Kong!

[THAR BE SPOILERS AHEAD ME MATEYS]
http://www.picturetrail.com/hongkongdisneyland

And yes - those are guests walking around!!!!

Disneyland HK had a soft opening during the week to help train cast members in queue line control, volume management etc. Most of the attractions were up and running, and as you can see, the park looks fantastic. They even had characters on hand interacting with the public. Most of the guests were cast member families.

Check out all the photos - many look familiar but there are plenty of surprises and nice touches too.

KeithS

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:19 pm

I wonder if the lucky people got some sort of commemorative ticket or badge or something to say that they had been there prior to opening day?

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:21 pm

I wonder if the lucky people got some sort of commemorative ticket or badge or something to say that they had been there prior to opening day?

Greg
Not sure if there were rehearsal day pins but they certainly had commemorative tickets for this occasion. The rehearsal tickets were the same as the Grand Opening entry tickets but with only the shadowed outline of Mickey (or one of the other fab 5) rather than the complete character to represent Mickeys imminant arrival. I have one of the Rehearsal Day guide maps, and a Grand Opening ticket that I purchased on eBay. Would love to get my hands on a rehearsal ticket though.

-Lisa

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:57 am

but with only the shadowed outline of Mickey (or one of the other fab 5)
The fab 5?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:58 pm

but with only the shadowed outline of Mickey (or one of the other fab 5)
The fab 5?

Greg

Have heard this term used to describe the "Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto" combo. Thought it was cute. Perhaps its a marketing term more than anything else - ie: they may be the heavy hitters in the sales department. Not sure, but I thought it was cute so I use it sometimes.

- Lisa

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:29 pm

Have heard this term used to describe the "Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto" combo.
Aha! I've heard of the big five in terms of african safari's so I figured it must be something similar. It would make an interesting discussion as to who would make up people's big fives.

I would have to go Donald and Mickey (in that order) and probably Goofy but the other two would really be open for debate. I might have to start a thread on that very topic.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun May 07, 2006 2:16 pm

Okay folks, I've added a small selection of Hong Kong Disneyland photos into the photo gallery right here : http://www.dudisneyana.info/gallery/thu ... hp?album=9

Be sure to check out the Mickey, Minnie and friends in their raincoats during the wet parade - I've never seen this before!

My trip report has been proof-read by Della and I just have to fix a few small things before posting. I should have it ready for uploading later this afternoon.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Mon May 08, 2006 1:53 pm

The trip report is now online, I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I had to make a comment about a couple of the photos.

The trains look immaculate. Is that standard for Hong Kong or just the ones heading to Disneyland?

The raincoats are the funniest things I've seen, especially the fitted mouse ears.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon May 08, 2006 9:17 pm

The trains look immaculate. Is that standard for Hong Kong or just the ones heading to Disneyland?
The Hong Kong trains were all amazingly clean and efficient - you are not allowed to eat or drink on board, and the public follow those rules and it really shows. The Disneyland train is similar to the mainline ones, except it has nicer fittings. The seats are cloth padded, whereas the mainline seats are stainless steel, and of course the Disney train has Mickey shaped handholds and windows, and the Disney figurines - but other than that, it is a stardard HK train. The train system is excellent, modern and cheap!
The raincoats are the funniest things I've seen, especially the fitted mouse ears.
I couldn't agree more. As it was raining, Della and I had decided to miss the parade. We were in Tomorrowland, heading for Space Mountain to keep out of the drizzle, when she yelled, "Look! Chip and Dale have raincoats on!"

I looked and just laughed out loud - it was the funniest thing I had seen, so I grabbed the camera off Della, pushed through the crowd and grabbed the photos you see here. I've never seen photos like that on any other Disney website, so I put our website address on those ones in case they turn up elsewhere!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Hong Kong Disneyland”