Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Greg's Paris Disneyland adventure

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Greg's Paris Disneyland adventure

Postby calisota » Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 am

According to the Disney site it is only a 30 train ride from Paris to Disneyland. When I was booking the flights and talking to the travel agent about accommodation she recommended spending a few days in a place near the park and then a few in Paris. I'm there for 6 days (not counting the day I arrive) and figure 3 in the Parks and 3.5 in the city but wonder if it might not be better to get a place in the city and just get the train for those 3 days.

The Disney site has a "4 days for the price of 3" park hopper ticket for sale but the offer expires before I get there. I guess there will be a similar offer by the time I need to get it so do you think 3 days is enough for Paris Disneyland?

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Greg's Paris Disneyland adventure

Postby ajp » Fri May 15, 2009 9:27 am

My sister has just returned from a Europe holiday this week and spent some time in Paris and a few days around Disneyland. They stayed there and thought it was a better option. To add to that, they did have "an experience" with some locals on the train who were taking a particular interest in their personal belongings. I am lead to believe that this is not an isolated case too.
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I stayed at DLP, but then again, I only wanted to go to Disneyland there and not do anything else (I'd already been to Paris earlier in the trip).

I stayed at Cheyenne and thought it was pretty awesome. I reckon three days is probably enough time to see and do it all, but then again, it's been seven years (yikes!!!) and a lot has changed from what I've read. It's unlike WDW where you have to catch a bus/monorail/ferry to get to the parks from your on-site hotel. From memory, it took me 10-15 minutes walk from Cheyenne to the parks.

I caught the resort bus from the airport to Cheyenne and I think it was 40 - 50 minutes by bus. My memory is pretty vague though, I was buggered after a sleepless Contiki-farewell the night before :oops:
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat May 16, 2009 7:32 am

I'm not so worried about "experiences" with locals since I tend to be an intimidating looking bas***d at the best of times. :roll:

AJP, did you mean that your sister split her stay between the city and the park or that she stayed in the city?

Greg

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Sat May 16, 2009 8:11 am

She split it Greg. They spent their few 2 or 3 (can't remember exactly) nights in the City, they then left and spent 3 nights around the parks somewhere, they stayed offsite. After that they went to Switzerland. They decided it was better to stay near the park for distance and ease. They did have an 18 year old and 15 year old, so they didn't need to worry about kiddy things, just about whinging! :)
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat May 16, 2009 9:09 am

Splitting it may be a good idea. I'm thinking of only 3 days for the parks and 4 for the city so it may depend on whether I can find deals that give a free night for booking more than 5 days etc. I don't have to do the actual booking until January and i won't be there until March so it's still a little way off.

Is there a Disney shuttle to and/or from the airport to the Disney Hotels that would make that part a bit easier?

Plus, what are the French really like to deal with? They can't be as bad as the movies make out.

Greg

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 am

Ahhh, Paris :)

A couple of things Greg.

I think if we went back there, we would split the accommodation. The trains are pretty good from the City, however I wouldn't want to be catching one late at night, and there is always the drama of them going out on strike (remember, striking is a national pastime for the French...)

Mel mentioned the Cheyenne - that's where I'd stay as well. We stayed at the Santa Fe last time, and while it suited our needs & budget, the Cheyenne looked to be a little bit nicer (the hotels at DLP are expensive - so beware!)

The buses the DL to the airport are fairly regular, however beware if you are catching an early flight out - the first bus may not be early enough. Also, the buses get packed and there is a risk of not being able to fit on it if your hotel is near the end of the pickup order!

People - it is Europe after all - and there are a mixture of cast and guests from many different European countries. I met some really nice French people, and some really rude ones - but is that any different from here? My tip - learn some French beforehand!

Also - plan your Disneyland days to be mid-week. Do not go on the weekend! On the weekend, the parks are completely and uncomfortably full. People stream in by train from London, and caravan from all over Europe for weekend trips. Yet when we went into the City on the weekend, it was fairly quiet. So do the City on a weekend - the parks through the week!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Postby BrizMarc » Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 am

I wouldnt stay in Paris and travel to the park, Your better off staying at or near the park. One thing. DONT under any circumstance put your feet on or near a train seat anywhere in France. The fines are on the spot and you have to pay them their and then and they are huge. I found out the hard way. :oops:

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue May 19, 2009 7:34 am

I wouldnt stay in Paris and travel to the park, Your better off staying at or near the park. One thing. DONT under any circumstance put your feet on or near a train seat anywhere in France. The fines are on the spot and you have to pay them their and then and they are huge. I found out the hard way. :oops:
Do you speak French or was there a lot of sign language involved to get the feet thing across? :D

I arrive early on a Monday and leave early on a Monday so I guess it's the park first and then the city.

This will be 6 months into my journey so I wonder how big my bags are going to be with all the souvenirs stuffed into them. I wonder how many hotels offer airport shuttles?

Greg

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Tue May 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Greg look up the podcast of the meandering mouse and his episode to Paris. He split his trip and he provides good information about his trip!

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue May 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Greg look up the podcast of the meandering mouse and his episode to Paris. He split his trip and he provides good information about his trip!
Meandering Mouse?

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Disneyland Paris”