Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

New Hulihuli Ohana Bash at TDL

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

New Hulihuli Ohana Bash at TDL

Postby mushu mama » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Just thought I would share a bit of info that I had come across about a new Theme that will kind of take over TDL from the 15th April to the 13th of July. The new production is called 'Hulihuli Ohana Bash'. It centres heavily around the Lilo and Stitch movie. The talk is that the Castle will be 'graffiti-ed' with bright paint brush strokes and splotches as will the parade floats and other areas of the park . New Characters will be on floats and roam the park eg: Lilo, Stitch, Experiements 624,625,627,010,221 and 258. According to the people who have got a peek at the publicity shots, the quality of these characters is impressive.

The new parade has been described as a '35min Stitch-fest'.

Another rumour is that Stitch's face will grace the flower bed at the entrance to the Park , which would be only the second time this has occured at the park (the first was for 'Donalds Super Wacky Kingdom event' - which I missed by a mere week in 1999 - If only I'd known!!)

If you want to take a look at the artwork and themes take a look at
http://www.hulihuli.jp/index.html
This will also show special foods, special merchandise, parade route and the special charm clip that guests who are there on opening day will receive.

Backtracking to the home site and getting the english version proved disappointing as it is only a few paragraphs of the concept, not any particulars.

Sound fantastic! I love anything Hawaiian so I wish I could be there to see this one!
- Lisa. :)

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Can you imagine the work and planning and all over effort that must go into organising something like this...and all for only a few months.

This is one of the reasons I'm a Disney fan. The fact that they can go to the trouble of doing something special on this scale is something that few other places would bother with.

Greg
Chiang Mai Pickleball Club Play Pickleball in paradise

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:36 pm

You are absolutely right!

The Magic is in the detail. They sprinkle it on everything - some of it easy to spot, and other bits require you to really take notice. I love that about Disney Parks.

:D Lisa.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:15 am

The Magic is in the detail. They sprinkle it on everything - some of it easy to spot, and other bits require you to really take notice. I love that about Disney Parks. :D Lisa.
It is the detail that sets them apart. I remember reading years ago that at the New Orleans Square train station the morse code that plays as part of the atmosphere is actually the beginning of Walt's opening day speech. Who else would go to the trouble of having that done when only a tiny, tiny percentage of people would realise.

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:25 pm

I remember reading years ago that at the New Orleans Square train station the morse code that plays as part of the atmosphere is actually the beginning of Walt's opening day speech.

Greg

I had heard this too, I think it was on the Walt Disney Treasures DVD about the opening of Disneyland. It has the whole broadcast of the opening day and lots of retrospective bits that Leonard Maltin talks about. I 'lost' an entire afternoon/evening to that DVD! Its facinating.
-Lisa

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:01 pm

In fact, if anyone here has a copy of the wonderful 6 CD boxed set "A Musical History of Disneyland" that was released last year as part of the 50th Anniversary celebrations - you will find that track 19 on Disc 2 is called "Frontierland Station" and contains the entire 45 seconds of morse code :D

This is by far the greatest CD boxed set I've ever bought - a must if you like Disneyland music and sounds from throughout the Park's history.

As for sprinkling magic - the Parks are amazing places for detail. I've been looking at my HK pictures and are still seeing new details that I never noticed when I was over there - there is just so much to take in, and a lot of it must work at a subconcious level. There are things that appear obvious in pictures but are not obvious when you are there, like giant hidden mickey's on our hotel floor - these were only obvious on the photograph when I got home, as the photo is much smaller than the real life observation!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:36 pm

This is by far the greatest CD boxed set I've ever bought - a must if you like Disneyland music and sounds from throughout the Park's history.
Hmmm... wonder if they have that CD at the Laughing Place store? sounds like just what I'm looking for. Am decorating for a DL themed party in June and was wondering what to use for music. And sadly, won't be in the US before then. :(

- Lisa.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:42 am

How lucky was it that the Mickey silhouette is so easy to reproduce and so instantly recognisable. I can't imagine the same thing working with Donald.

Greg

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”