Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Jungle Cruise to be updated in 2014

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Jungle Cruise to be updated in 2014

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:25 am

Here is some interesting news from Tokyo Disney Resort. They are planning on upgrading their jungle cruise next year, and for the first time, it will include a soundtrack. I wonder how that will work with the comedy spiel and whether they will eventually include that as a standard offering at the other jungle cruises?

Here is the official press release:

URAYASU, CHIBA— Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that the Tokyo Disneyland® attraction, Jungle Cruise, located in Adventureland, will be revamped with the new version opening in autumn 2014.The Jungle Cruise, which has been popular since Tokyo Disneyland Park opened in 1983, takes Guests on an adventurous cruise through the jungles with a humorous skipper at the helm.

The revamped version of the attraction will have new lighting effects and other special show effects. In addition, a specially written musical sound track will be heard throughout the attraction for the first time in any Jungle Cruise. Also, an after-dark only “night cruise” will provide a unique take on the jungle adventure.

The new Jungle Cruise will offer Guests an adventure that is even more thrilling than before. From on board the attraction’s boats, Guests will explore jungle landscapes full of wild animals with the help of their daring and comical skipper who guides them through the beauty and dangers of this exotic world. The adventure includes a startling encounter with one of the animal spirit guardians in the ruins of a lost jungle temple.

Note: Jungle Cruise is sponsored by JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation.
The attraction will be closed from January 6, 2014 for this renovation work.
Attraction Facts
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Jungle Cruise to be updated in 2014

Postby mushu mama » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:13 am

I think this is great... The boats load at lightning speed, and is interesting to see this ride themed with distinctly Asian aspects rather than all African. But... I do think its getting a pep up at the right time... just going by my recent trip and how many of the locals seemed bored on the ride, how few laughed AT ALL on the ride, I think an update is perfectly timed.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”