Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Flights to Tokyo

BrizMarc
C Ticket
C Ticket

Flights to Tokyo

Postby BrizMarc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Heya guys. I just a have a question regarding flights to Tokyo from Brisbane.

What is the best way to fly there? I notice all types of stop overs being in cairns and shanghi etc. What would be the cheapest way to go and whats the best time of year to go for a good price?

thanks guys

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Re: Flights to Tokyo

Postby Gerard » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:49 pm

I've used qantas, jet star and JAL, to get to Tokyo, the cheapest is Jetstar and I didn't hate it. The only issue is the times the flights get into Narita, if it's too late there is no transport to TDR except for taxi.

I'm using qantas in 6 weeks time, I used Frequent Flyer points for this one.

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:51 am

Yep, that was our big problem when we flew with Jetstar too. We ended up getting a private car anyway because we needed the carseats. We flew through Gold Coast on the way over though, do they not do that anymore?

I've flown over with Qantas too though and they were great. Jetstar were fine and if you don't mind the stopovers you can't really fault them for the price.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 am

We've always flown into Narita using Qantas. I've arrived both at night time (after the last bus to Tokyo) and in the morning. The morning was easier as you just get the bus straight to the resort.

Others here have flown into Osaka to spend a few days over there and in Kyoto before going to Tokyo via bullet train.

I would always prefer to fly direct Sydney-Japan rather than via Shanghai or somewhere else - just for convenience sake. The less we have to unload baggage and change planes, the better in our opinion!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:37 am

Just a note too, when we flew through the Gold Coast, our luggage was checked straight through to Narita - thank God!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”