Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Fridge in Tokyo Bay Hilton rooms

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Fridge in Tokyo Bay Hilton rooms

Postby Mel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi guys, I know a few of you have stayed at the Hilton and was wondering if you could give me an idea of the size of the fridge in the room? Also, does the convenience store in the lobby have milk available? My boys are huge, HUGE milk drinkers (we generally go through 9 litres a week - and that was before Jared started drinking cows milk last week!) and I'm just wondering how we're going to manage in Japan. I wouldn't mind if Ben has to have cartoned milk, but Jr still drinks out of a bottle.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Fridge in Tokyo Bay Hilton rooms

Postby KeithS » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Mel - I just went through our holiday photos to see if I could find a fridge photo, but no luck. From memory, it was a standard hotel-sized unit that fit under the tea making area.

There are a number of little shops in the lobby, including a Star Bucks, but I can't remember if any sold milk (they might have), however there is a little supermarket in Ikspiari where you shouldn't have any trouble picking some up - just go after your day in the park, before catching the monorail back to the Hilton.

ps. I'm getting excited for all you guys - your countdown is getting shorter! And even less time for Rick.

Mel - are you coming to the meeting this Saturday? I emailed Julie and Barry today (our resident Japan experts) and they plan to be there.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Mel,

We stayed Tokyo Hilton too and I remember the fridge cleary.... bar fridge size. Because we went with little kids as well, we just took all the stuff out of the fridge and filled it with goodies bought at the Iskspiari centre like Keith suggested ( Waaaaaay cheaper than at the Hilton) Granted, we didnt' have a great exchange rate when we were there but at the hotel was seriously exy. I did love the Disney store and weird games arcade on site though. :) I seem to remember the bathroom was a fabulous size as well.

Another thing I remember about the hotel is the view of what we were told was Mt Fuji in the distance, from the very top level of the hotel (bar?) but you can only see it on a very clear day. But the views both sides both day and night are spectacular.

Lisa. :D
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Happy to take photos and look out for what what you need. Less than 35 days to go. We have to pay for the tickets Wednesday. So exciting...
Rick

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Less than 35 days to go.
It is still 209 sleeps for me :(

But I'm counting down for you guys too, so that is getting me excited!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks once again guys - have I ever mentioned how much I love this forum? :)

I did some research on Japanese milk yesterday and I'm a bit anxious as to how Jr will cope with the different taste. He's so picky - took him 8 months to finally have more than a mouthful of cows milk at all! We'll cope though, the people in surrounding hotel rooms might get a bit annoyed, but what can ya do? :?

Keith, at the moment, yes, I'm planning on coming to the meeting. I've just started back at work full time though so it will depend on weather I have any energy left at all by the. If I do make it I'll probably have the abovementioned troublemaker with me so it should be interesting. I might have to leave early if he starts running riot. At least he'll get to try out his brand new Mickey bomber jacket :D -/ :D -/

Rick, that's so close!!!! If you remember, it'd be great if you can take a pic for me.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

RickGainsmith
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby RickGainsmith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 am

Picture has been posted, the link is on the Live from Tokyo Disneyland post...

Hope it helps.
Rick

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”