Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

My First Tokyo Disney Photo Report

Loomis
B Ticket
B Ticket

My First Tokyo Disney Photo Report

Postby Loomis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:14 am

Better late than never. I took my first trip to TDR on December 28-29th last year, and was overwhelmed at just how wonderful the resort is. While I won't write up a full trip report, the thing that struck me immediately was the sheer amount of people. Lines were long all day in both parks, and not Florida long either. TDL had an average wait time of 2 - 3 hours, as you will see in the photos below, and TDS had a wait time for up to 4 HOURS in the case of Journey to the Centre of the Earth (but I managed to ride that twice...more on that in a moment).

Photos: Picasa Web Albums - Richard - Tokyo Disneyl...

Highlights included:

- Getting to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday. Been wanting to do this for years (somewhere) and I was very impressed. (Since buying the Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray, I can understand what they were on about in Japanese too).
- ALL of Disney Sea. Very beautiful park, and one of the best designs I've seen of any theme park.
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Did not read anything about this ride (or anything about TDR) before I left, so everything was a surprise. The Indy-style ride was a definite favourite, and the quick take-off took me (pleasantly) by surprise). We got our Fastpass for this around lunchtime, and it was going to check us in around 7:30pm. What the hell, we'd wait. Of course, sometime in the early evening word got around that the ride had broken down. So we went to check it out around 7ish, and sure enough it was true. However, after about a 20 minute wait, the 4 hour line had dissipated, and the ride came back online. Guess who was right near the front of the queue now? Just as we were getting off, we realised our Fastpasses had kicked in, so we used them for another turn. Talk about the luck of the Australians.

Here's a selection of photos from the album linked above:

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: My First Tokyo Disney Photo Report

Postby sandie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 am

I really hope the lines were like that because of Christmas!!!!!!!!!! We will only be in the parks on weekdays in April so hopefully they will be shorter

Sandie

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Great photos Loomis - although those wait times are very daunting!! I'm glad I went in April last year, when rides like Journey to the Center of the Earth were walk ons!!

I hope your wait times aren't too bad Sandie!

Looks like you had nice weather up there Loomis - although cold, I'm glad it was clear skies, your photos look beautiful.
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 pm

I think the closer you get to the holidays, the more intense the crowds get. I was there through Halloweeen/early Nov and the lines were so long we could hardly believe it. Yep, hours in line wasn't uncommon. I have no idea if there were fast passes back then - but we didn't notice them.

Loved the photos Loomis. Brought back some great memories - The Waffle co was one of our favourite spots. :D

Lisa. -/
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:00 pm

:cry:
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:52 am

:cry:
I guess that sad face is due to you missing out - but don't worry Anthony, you are counting down to that cruise!!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

ajp
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby ajp » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 am

Some great photos from Loomis, looks fantastic. I had my parents over for lunch on Sunday and the first thing I said to them was, we were due home from Tokyo today, (just before I mentioned that we had booked the cruise :wink: ).

Loomis was there in late December but it didn't look too cold. Loomis, how cold was it, being that they had a pretty severe winter? That's an incredible crowd too. Without actually seeing it it would be hard to imagine that many people. We've been in DL on NYE and it wasn't that crowded!
2023 Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Lines - Disney Wish. Going to be awesome to be back!

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 am

Great photos. I'm guessing the crowds were due to the holidays too. We were there in September a few years ago and only had really long lines for Tower since it was new.

Geez it makes me really want to go back. C'mon Aussie dollar start doing better against the Yen!!!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby churros » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:41 am

Fantastic!

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”