Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Touring plan

churros
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Touring plan

Postby churros » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 pm

I have friends who are spending to 2 days at Tokyo Disneyland in 2 weeks time. They love all rides and have been to both DL and WDW. If you had to design a touring plan for them to get the most out of their time what would you advise? They are not good morning people but are real night owls and they like a good sit down meal and decent coffee! They fly out on Saturday and I believe they have done very little research about the parks.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Touring plan

Postby KeithS » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:37 am

Hey Beth - it is pretty hard to advise how to explore these parks in two days. I hope they are not visiting them on the weekends - as that may torture them! So - first advice: go on a weekday!

Now, as they are there for just two days, they cannot park hop - so they have to do a full day in each park (or two days in one park).

They should check out the schedule of closures for the Disneyland, because if they have done DL and WDW in the past - and if some of the unique rides such as Pooh's Hunny Hunt is not working, it may be worthwhile skipping TDL and spending two days at Disneysea...I would suggest at least spending Day-1 there - then make a decision whether they saw enough of if on Day-1 one to try TDL on Day-2, or return to Disneysea on Day-2.

They may be night owls - but it is coming up to winter in Tokyo - so I don't know how long the parks remain open at night - it may be worth getting up early. These are VERY busy parks and it is always recommended that you get there at opening to make the most of your time.

There are plenty of good sit down meal places in both parks - that is not a problem. Try the SS Columbia Teddy Roosevelt lounge for something quite unique (Disneysea).

And tell them that if they sea some merchandise - buy it when they see it - stuff changes so quickly there that it most likely won't remain for very long!
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Touring plan

Postby Mel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:50 am

Very good advice by Keith. I think they need to do a wee bit of research and find out the unique attractions to Tokyo and make sure they hit them first as much as possible.

I second that they should go to DisneySea first, especially since they like rides. Journey to the Centre of the Earth was our fave ride and we went on it over and over again (with FP of course since the line was ridiculous ALL the time). Sea also has Indy and Tower so a few of the better 'thrill' rides. The atmosphere can't be beat either - oh and the shows - good shows!

If they do go to Disneyland though (and I probably would, I just love the MK parks) Pooh is a must, I'd fastpass it straight away if they aren't getting there at opening.

I just had a quick look at the park opening hours and it looks like they're open 9am-10pm so they wouldn't have to get up TOO early to be there at opening. I think it'd be well worth it.
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”