Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Booked at the Hilton - anybody stayed at a Ryokan?

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Booked at the Hilton - anybody stayed at a Ryokan?

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:47 am

Well I did it! Booked us in at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (through the UK website - thanks Keith :) ) for May 2010. I know it's not for almost 2 years, but I don't know how much time I'll have to plan next year when I have two babies to look after so I'm doing as much as I can now.

So, has anybody stayed at a Ryokan? We're looking at venturing out to Hakone for a couple of days and I'm toying with the idea of staying in a Ryokan rather than a hotel. Last time we wre too chicken to try. Any tips or advice?
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Booked at the Hilton - anybody stayed at a Ryokan?

Postby mushu mama » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am

Nope, but I'd like to do that too next time I'm there... so keep us posted, I'd be very interested in whatever you find out.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Well I did it! Booked us in at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (through the UK website - thanks Keith :) )
You're most welcome (of course, now I am super jealous!!)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 am

Don't be too jealous, every day I'm having my doubts about my sanity. A just-turned-three year old and a 16 month old :shock: It sure won't be like any other Disney trip we've done!

Anybody flown Jetstar (or Deathstar as I like to call them :) ) overseas? They have REALLY cheap flights and now fly into Tokyo as well as Osaka.

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 am

Anybody flown Jetstar (or Deathstar as I like to call them :) ) overseas? They have REALLY cheap flights and now fly into Tokyo as well as Osaka.
My TA is also one of my scrapping buddies so we often have these long convoluted chats about the travel industry (I love knowing insider tips :) ) and this was one of the topics we were discussing earlier this week.
When I was talking to her about flights to Hawaii for next year, we discussed Jetstar and their International flights. Both of us were in agreement that knowing Jetstars capacity for delays and tough penalties if something untoward happens and either you or they can't take the flight as scheduled, it would be a bit of a gamble - which I think might apply to you moreso because of having to have everything solid and dependable when you'll be traveling with littlies.
Having done that flight with kids, I can tell you, that you will have enough to worry about ( food, sleep, ear issues) that you won't want any corners being cut in the service department - I'd be more inclined to say take the best airline within your budget to make the transition easier. Its a big ask for little kids to sit still, sleep, eat on cue and you'll all be exhausted when you get there regardless, and if the flight goes without hitches you will make that transition all that much easier.
Those are just my thoughts though, but I've not had a great run with Deathstar (as I also like to call them - amongst other less savoury things) so they would never be my first choice no matter what their prices are from here on.

Lisa.
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby Mel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks Lisa. Unfortunately, Jetstar are looking like they will be the cheapest by around $600/person which will probably mean they are who we go with :(

Unless I win the lottery.

Of course I'd have to play to win.

Looks like it will be Jetstar :lol:

I think their new website with it's family-friendly section lulled me into a false sense of security. They make it sound so good to travel with the little ones!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:21 pm

You never know, they might be spot on at the time. Its not a foregone conclusion that they'll be awful... my experiences with them colours my view thats all...

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip and $600 per person is a significant saving... might even be enough to turn my head... :lol:

Lisa. */

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”