Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Tokyo Disney Food

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Tokyo Disney Food

Postby sandie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 pm

So seasoned travellers - where in each park do you recommend eating?

Sandie

Mel
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Re: Tokyo Disney Food

Postby Mel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:02 am

I can't really help you with food quality as I barely ate a bite while I was in Tokyo (morning sickness - managed to lose 5kgs!).

I can tell you that we ate at the Blue Bayou and Slue Foot Sue's Diamond Horseshoe and for atmosphere/entertainment, I give these the thumbs up :) Actually, I managed to eat the most at the Diamond Horseshoe. They had a variety of meat, like a small platter with (I think) chicken, steak and fish, for dinner as well as a delicious basket of bread and a salad.

I've blocked most of the other food experiences out as they all left me rather queasy - though it wasn't there fault!

Oh, and don't forget the different flavoured popcorn! We're going to give a few a try next time we go, but the thought of curried flavoured popcorn made my stomach turn!
The Big Trip: DL, WDW and Disney cruise 2016

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks Mel, I was feeling unloved by the lack of response!!!!!

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Oh No... Sandie, we can't have you feeling unloved.... :cry: :wink:
So I will give you my recollections of the food we ate in TDL.. even though it was 9 years ago.

I just thought that Keith might have answered seeing he and Della were the last ones to visit there... and I'm sure he ate more than cheeseburgers over there.

Ok. Food in Tokyo DL. well, the thing I'd recommend finding for Eloise is a kids 'set'. Its like a happy meal but oh so much more interesting. They have a mickey shaped peanut butter sandwich ( and the bread is baked that shape) and chips ( as in crisps) and jellied fruit ( but not like over here) and a drink. They were a good bit more expensive than a happy meal, but as you will find, everything is a bit dearer than over here. We had weird flavoured pizza's in Toontown ( sweetcorn and ham ), but there were plenty of burger/chicken type places in all the lands. We didn't eat in any 'sit down' places as my ex wouldn't allow it.
The churros are gorgeous and they have strawberry ones as well as the regular ones.
The flavoured popcorn is amazing and if you leave TDL without trying the mickey waffles I will be very upset. They are to die for.
Sandie, I think that the thing that is going to blow your mind is the shops. There are so many shops... the Japanese have a thing for buying gifts for the whole family when they are on vacation so there are just so many options - more than just the keyring/magnet/pen/t-shirt thing at Disneyland. Avoid the ear picks at all costs :shock: . The food gifts are just fantastic as are the homewares.
Some of the best food we had in Disneyland was just near the Tiki room ( can't remember the name of it) but they had wonderful kebab things ( including bbq'd rice balls in BBQ sauce).
I'm sure all the food stuff has changed vastly since I was there though.

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 pm

OK I feel all loved again........

Sandie

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 pm

We aim to please. :)

Lisa. */
1999- Tokyo DL, 2008- DLR/Cal Adventure, 2012-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2013-Tokyo DLand/Sea, 2014-DLR/Cal Adventure, 2015- Paris DL, 2016 - WDW/Disneycruise , upcoming - May 2018 - HongKong DL

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Tokyo Disneyland”